“Well worth the annual member fee”

Cape Fear Botanical Garden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cape Fear Botanical Garden is a premier destination in Fayetteville, NC. We provide an urban oasis for local residents and visitors alike, as well as educational programming and recreational activities to strengthen our community.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

When we have family and friends come into town during the spring we always take them here. Great place to relax and take a stroll. Not to mention all the events! Who doesn't like listening to a band with surroundings that just welcome you. The gift shop is just ok but we never go there for it anyway. They also offer a military discount.

All reviews
"general store"
in 10 reviews
"children's garden"
in 9 reviews
"flowers and plants"
in 5 reviews
"beautiful place to visit"
"relaxing walk"
"gardens are beautiful"
"family membership"
"few hours"
in 10 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"couple hours"

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a beautiful area, just for a stroll, to having parties and weddings. The indoor outdoor areas are perfect for gatherings. Happy to have this facility in our backyard.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

All I can say is WOW! I've visited many botanical gardens over the past years, and this one is one of the tops. It's very well laid out, a relaxing walk, nicely manicured, not over done but very tastefully designed. My husband and I enjoyed our stroll through the 78 acre garden. There was one section we could not go through due to the rain from the day before - which we experienced ourselves and completely understood. Worth the visit!

1  Thank vhash77
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went with a playgroup, and while I personally liked the gardens, my two toddlers were constantly having to be pulled back. The water areas do not have any rails, but are adjacent to the sand pits. I would love to go back with my husband, but it was SO MUCH work to have my kids play there.

1  Thank Jenny H
See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2014

On our family road trip down to Florida, we stopped to have lunch and a car-break in Fayetteville. We came across the Botanical Garden and we were not disappointed. With my 3 kids under 7 and my mom, we strolled around the gardens and enjoyed such natural beauty.

The entry fee was very reasonable, even more so when you belong to a Botanical garden that may give you reciprocity to other places at discounted pricing. Always ask!!

Great to stretch out the legs and enjoy some pretty views. Spend whatever amount of time you'd like, every minute is worth it.

My 3 kids really enjoyed the scavenger hunt and the Children's play areas.