“Bleh”

Cape Fear Botanical Garden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cape Fear Botanical Garden is a premier destination in Fayetteville, NC. We provide an urban oasis for local residents and visitors alike, as well as educational programming and recreational activities to strengthen our community.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bleh”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

It's a bunch of trees, a couple of gazebos, an outdated amphitheater and little else. Don't get me wrong, I love to be outside and I love taking nature photos. This place seems promising. They have a modern and expensive looking welcome center. The day I went they were having a wedding reception. The gift shop is WAAAAAY overpriced. And they charge you around $10 just to go look at some trees.

There are much better places to go in Fayetteville that are cheaper or absolutely free!

Visited May 2011

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nature + Learning = Happy Family”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Our son had previously been to this place through a field trip from school. He really liked it and said that we should go. After a little research online, I thought that was a great idea. Yes, this is not free... but if you are military - there is a discount. Kids are cheap to get in. I think the small fee is worth it. We walked all over and even saw deer. I would like to suggest to bring bug spray, water, and better shoes than flipflops (I didn't realize there were trails). Other than our discomfort of being eaten alive by the bugs and not wearing proper shoes, we really enjoyed the trail. Ferns, flowers, magnolias, and all other kinds of plant life that is indigenous to NC was displayed. There is a cute gift shop and small salad/snack bar. All families should check this out as some good clean fun. It can be a trip length of 1 - 3 hours.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Nikki66RQS
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I loved the Botanical Garden. It was approximately 3 miles (much of it along the Cape Fear River) and everything was beautiful. Amazing plants, flowers and lots of places to sit and enjoy the view. Give yourself at least 2-3 hours to see everything and bring water and sunblock.

Visited May 2011