“Great authentic atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided we wanted to go for Italian for diner this weekend. The obvious options came up on line (in downtown Fayetteville) but we happened across little Italy while we were searchig. I am so glad that we gave this place a try. We didn't book, so when we arrived there was a short wait (I don't mind this as it shows the place is popular) but we were offered drinks while we waited and seated in a little separate area. It's a smallish restaurant so it's cozy and creates a great, friendly atmosphere. The service was friendly and efficient, but most importantly the food was fantastic. I had the special, crab stuffed flounder in lemon butter sauce. It was delicious. My husband had the Mediterranean chicken and he loved it. We shared the almond tiramisu for dessert as we were full but couldn't resist! We couldn't fault any of it. 2 entres, 1 dessert and 2 beers came to about $50. Totally well spent. We can't wait to go again.

2  Thank AmeliaYork

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a dinner with friends. While the strip mall location was not ideal, the restaurant itself is a gem. Decent wine list, and a great menu. They even have gluten free items which are hard to come by in an Italian restaurant. Would definitely return!!

2  Thank Mdwaugh2001
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I hate that this place gets pretty vanilla reviews that don't speak its true value, and yet Luigi's gets one raving review after another. It's sad. This little place is owned and operated by actual Italian people. They have over their friends from Italy and cook food for them in the restaurant, and it's the same food as on the menu (told to me by a server after I asked about the decor).

These people know how to cook Italian food. The red sauce is magnificent; not sweet like some places, and not thinned-out ketchup like Luigi's offers. The pasta is al dente EVERY time I order it. That's a good thing; if you don't know that term, you should. It means "to the tooth" in Italian, and in cooking it means you don't cook the snot out of your pasta to the point where it's mush - the pasta has some bite to it. The servers at Luigi's and Elizabeth's look at me like an alien if I ask for al dente pasta. One of them had never heard that term. Yes, a server at an Italian restaurant. At Little Italy, of course they know.

The decor is excellent for this tiny place. My 4-year old daughter loves the decor. You can tell they have put a lot of effort into making this restaurant something special. It's a shame they don't have Luigi's building and location. Go here!

3  Thank EyerishRogue
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular here and love love the atmosphere. Food is delicious and great in quality. Best pizza in Fayetteville. Service is always professional and owners are nice. You won't be disappointed here.

1  Thank silvermoontress
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I visited here in July just by accident. I wanted pizza and this place was pretty good to me. I would go back whenever I am in town. The others with me enjoyed wings & mozzarella sticks (kinda hard to mess that up) but they all said it was good and would order again.

2  Thank adnrn2006