“Easily the best Italian in Fayetteville”

Little Italy Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 523 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Easily the best Italian in Fayetteville”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I hate that this place gets pretty vanilla reviews that don't speak its true value, and yet Luigi's gets one raving review after another. It's sad. This little place is owned and operated by actual Italian people. They have over their friends from Italy and cook food for them in the restaurant, and it's the same food as on the menu (told to me by a server after I asked about the decor).

These people know how to cook Italian food. The red sauce is magnificent; not sweet like some places, and not thinned-out ketchup like Luigi's offers. The pasta is al dente EVERY time I order it. That's a good thing; if you don't know that term, you should. It means "to the tooth" in Italian, and in cooking it means you don't cook the snot out of your pasta to the point where it's mush - the pasta has some bite to it. The servers at Luigi's and Elizabeth's look at me like an alien if I ask for al dente pasta. One of them had never heard that term. Yes, a server at an Italian restaurant. At Little Italy, of course they know.

The decor is excellent for this tiny place. My 4-year old daughter loves the decor. You can tell they have put a lot of effort into making this restaurant something special. It's a shame they don't have Luigi's building and location. Go here!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank EyerishRogue

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best place for Italian and great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular here and love love the atmosphere. Food is delicious and great in quality. Best pizza in Fayetteville. Service is always professional and owners are nice. You won't be disappointed here.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank silvermoontress
Tampa, Florida
“Good pizza”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I visited here in July just by accident. I wanted pizza and this place was pretty good to me. I would go back whenever I am in town. The others with me enjoyed wings & mozzarella sticks (kinda hard to mess that up) but they all said it was good and would order again.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank adnrn2006
“great pizza!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

went for lunch everything on the menu looks really good, we ordered the pizza and man..... oh gosh was it good, the crust was so thin and crispy and the vegetables were fresh and the meat YUM....I Definitely Recommend.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank loveitalways
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Very good lunch spot”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a very cute restaurant in a strip mall that is set way back from the road, so unless you are in there to solicit another retailer in the strip mall you may not even know it is there. The decor and murals are reminiscent of an Italian bistro. I have frequented this location on several occasions, and have had pizza, pasta, and most recently a grilled chicken salad. The pizza dough is very good, and the pasta and salads were tasty and satisfying. The service is okay. I can't really put my finger on it, but I always feel like the waitstaff feels they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. No one has ever been outwardly rude, just an overall feeling that you are preventing them from going home or something. If they were a bit friendlier, I would probably go back more often.

Visited May 2013