““Great hotel in Fayetteville"”

TownePlace Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Underhill, Vermont
““Great hotel in Fayetteville"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel which has a 2013 TripAdvisor award, has a excellent location,with good access to I 95, with a number of restaurants nearby, such as the Cracker Barrell ,and the Waffle house that are within walking distance from the hotel,also there is a Walmart next door. The rooms are spacious and very clean, and the staff was very pleasant. I would highly recommend this place to travelers looking for a short or long time stay, in the Fayetteville area.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Timetravler2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

For visitors to Fort Bragg, this hotel is a convenient choice with a number of restaurants nearby. The rooms are spacious, and the breakfast is certainly acceptable. Try to get a room at the hotel's rear, looking toward Sam's or the Residence Inn, or you'll hear some road noise.

The internet service could use a great deal of improvement. I stayed at this property twice in March and had to use my mobile hotspot on both occasions because of poor connectivity.

But, generally speaking, the hotel is one of the better places I have stayed in Fayetteville.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank alb30092
Tricia D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us here at the TownePlace Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek! I want to apologize for the issue you had with our internet. I am excited to say we have an upgrade in the works but I do not have an exact date when it will be completed. I also want to thank you for taking time to make a comment on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important so that we know where to make improvements. The next time you come to town we want your review to say we are the best in Fayetteville!

Tricia Durham
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellent location in proximity to Fort Bragg NC. Easy access to food, Walmart, and access to I 95. Cracker Barrell. Logans and waffle house close by as well as a an Urgent Care if you get sick! Sams Club and Walmart in walking distance.

Room Tip: Call in advance. Books up pretty quick.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had a very disappointing experience due to incapable management.

I was given a different room than I reserved, even though I made a room reservation a few months before the trip. I reserved room 201, but was placed in room 101. Needless to say that meant that I was moved to a different area than the rest of my group. The whole reason that I reserved that particular room in the first place was to ensure that I was with the group. I guess I should have considered myself lucky given the fact that one of our group members had to be put in another hotel.

Furthermore, I was placed next door to a party that was very noisy; constantly slammed doors, played loud music, and apparently moved equipment around inside the room, until at least 2 a.m.

I requested relief from the receptionist, but was advised that the party was another client (a security company working with their equipment) and that the hotel could not do too much about it.

As I was paying the bill, I was further disappointed that in today’s high competitive hospitality industry, the hotel did not think about any type of compensation for the inferior experience.
The only positives were easy parking and a very pleasant staff: cleaning, breakfast serving crew, etc.

Lastly, if you decide to book the hotel consider two additional factors: 1) sleeping sofa arrangements are very awkwardly placed (lack of proper room), and 2) there is very little isolation between the walls. Not only could I clearly hear conversations in the neighbor’s room but even a member of our party right above our floor apparently could hear our conversations one floor below.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tricia D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor as it is important for us to know how we can make our hotel experience better for you during future stays and for other guests. I want to sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during our very busy/ sold out soccer weekend. I know it can be frustrating when trying to sleep and you/ the girls have a big day the next day. I also wish we could have given you room 201, as you requested, but TownePlace Suites is an extended stay property and we are not able to guarantee actual room numbers. We aim to provide our guest with the best service and accommodations possible as we know you have many choices in accommodations when you are away from home.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here overnight after attending a funeral. We had a long ride back to NJ and decided to get a room. The room was a queen suite with a pull out sofa. Very accommodating. My two kids shared a bed with me, and my sister and husband crashed on the pull out couch. We had plenty of space. Lots of restaurants in the area - Smokey Bones, Panera, Chick-fila. There's a mall nearby too

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fort Valley, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Towneplace Suites reminded me of a studio apartment instead of a hotel room. I guess it was the kitchen that gave it that feel (full size fridge, a microwave oven, a stove, a dish washer, and a sink). There are other hotels in walking distance all around so there's a feeling of safety. A Sam's Club is on one side so don't forget your Sam's card. There is also a Wal-Mart behind the hotel. Walking distance restaurants include Logan's and Cracker Barrel. There is on site laundry. It is $1 per load (washer or dryer). However, there was a sign that said the hotel had laundry detergent (for sale?) but the two days that I was there, they were out. I quickly went to Wal-Mart and purchased a small bag of those Tide Pods.
The beds were not too soft or too hard, so they were regular in terms of firmness. They also have the information for some excellent cab services (one is DK in particular). There is a business area (complete with computer and printer). I did not pay for copies.
The breakfast was good. It consiste of a waffle machine with mix, hot oatmeal, assorted cereal, breakfast bars, juice, coffee, and assorted fruit. They also had a small Halloween party when I was there and set out candy and other refreshments.
The dogs that I saw (only one) was on a leash. I am afraid of dogs so dogs are a serious thing for me and I did not find any that were problematic.
The staff was extremely helpful with information. I needed a safety pin and one of the ladies gave me one of hers.
This hotel is for someone who wants to be in walking distance to restaurants and places where all the things forgotten can be purchased. (But be careful walking to Wal-Mart as the traffic can get heavy).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great corporate style apartment with well appointed room. Good wifi and hard wired access. Small kitchen with all the basics plus full refrigerator dishwasher microwave and two burners. This property would get 4 or 5 stars if it wasn't for the DOGS.

Unleashed uncollared. Un controlled. Is the food area in the lobby in the lounge laundry and gym. And you can't escape. And the front desk just says how cute when a strangers dog escapes room and jumps up and puts a snag in my dress and destroys my pantyhose. Really ???? What the hell are you thinking.

Parking is a little spotty and the area behind and next to the hotel is VERY dodgy. (Working gals, drugs, etc.)

Overall good option if you have dogs - but this business traveller and non-pet owner prefers to keep her clothes in one piece and dog smell free !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tricia D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback; it only helps us provide better service to our customers. We do have a significant amount of 4 legged friends that stay with us, in the summer months, because of the vacation travelers. It is against our pet policy to have animals off their leash and in the breakfast area. We do not condone this behavior. I also would like to mention, we have evening security on staff to monitor the property for the safety and security of our guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I hope that you will give our property another chance next time you are in town.

Tricia Durham