“Best one yet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best one yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best Holiday Inn I've stayed at. The staff was always friendly and helpful, they even greated me by name when they saw me.
The room was spacious and well furnioushed. The common areas look like they were recently redone.
If your in the area this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed yourself and found the hotel clean and inviting. Hope you come visit again soon!

Internet Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Winston Salem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best Holiday Inn Express yet! Everyone was so very nice and welcoming. It seemed everyone went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The room was perfect -clean and comfortable. When I'm back in Fayetteville, there's no question that I'll be staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I thank you for the nice review of your experience while visiting us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I'll be sure to let the Staff members know of your praise. We try our best to make everyone feel welcome and at ease while staying with us. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Before writing this review, I had to go back and reread other's reviews, as my opinion seems to be in the minority. I will also say that I am a big fan of Holiday Inn Express, however, this place was NOT the gem in the HIE portfolio. Stayed here for 5 days at the end of March in a time frame that included both weekend and weekdays. I had minimal interaction with the front desk whose staff seems to be the biggest asset to this hotel. Although, for those who like breakfast in the morning, this one had more variety than most and the eating area was pleasant and well tended to. The hotel was a renovated, old building with limited parking and the initial impression of my room was that it was not too clean. Housekeeping had to come and change the food stained, torn bed-skirts which they did on request. When I pulled the sheets down, I found pieces of candy which suggested that the bed had not been changed before my arrival, prompting another call to housekeeping. The carpeting in the room was lumpy to walk on and the walls sported at least 10 coats of paint. The remote was one of the "germ free" variety which was "basic" and had limited functionality. There was a natural gas access point on the "quiet side" of the hotel which provided a constant hissing sound. The "workout area" was small and one had to climb around others on the treadmill to get to the furthest machine. I should have taken more seriously the Trip Advisor comment of one guest who mentioned this noisy door thing in a prior review. These hotel doors close with a resounding bang; you can hear them from all ends of the hall. In fact, these are the loudest hotel doors I have ever heard. The absolute worst part of this banging door " disrupted sleep" experience was the fact that at 5 am on a Sunday, the banging doors in the hallway went on for more than an hour. I finally had to look out to see who it was thinking there it must be a family of four or group staying next door leaving early. I was incredibly surprised to see that it was the maintenance man going in and out of the utility closet adjacent to my room. Really? I stay in Fayetteville at least once a month and have never returned.

Room Tip: Stay at another place if you are looking for "quiet".
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lovetotravel275
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. We strive to offer the best and again I am very sorry that we feel below your expectations. Providing a clean and quiet room is one of our top priorities and hearing that those standards were not met truly saddens us. I’m not sure why the schedule maintenance was there so early as he is not schedule till 6am however I want to send our deepest regret that you would disturbed. I know that our doors are quite heavy and if not closed properly can make a much louder noise then necessary. Our hotel does have 98 parking spots and it’s unfortunate you were unable to find the parking lot as ample as we try to make it and accommodate all of our guests needs. I want to ensure you that all issues have been addressed and we will make certain that no one experiences these issues. We were glad however, that you were able to enjoy the variety and service provided for your breakfast each morning you were here. I would like to ask that you give us another try and we promise that we won't let you down again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Holiday inn express can be hit or miss. This hotel is the best express i have seen so far. Its very clean an well kept. Includes a nice hot breakfast and free wi-fi. The location is perfect for business travelers or military visiting Fort Bragg. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Free cookies every afternoon!! Complaints: the gym was super tiny, no free weights.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We greatly appreciate it, and we will continue to pursue ways to make your stay more enjoyable. Please come back and visit us again real soon. We will be waiting for you!

Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Check-in was easy. Receptionist was great. The rooms were very clean. Beds hard. Shower freaking amazing. Water pressure with the big shower head will put you to sleep standing up. Breakfast was yummy!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. The staff and I appreciated reading your positive comments surrounding your experience. Our staff takes great pride in not only the hotel, but their service as well. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you have another opportunity to visit us again.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I rarely write reviews but this is the best holiday inn express I've been to so far. I am very impressed by the professionalism and friendly staff here, particularly Jenny and Zina. Both staff members ensured my reservation was well taken care of, all while handling multiple guests and a barrage of phone calls.The property is very clean and sports a modern look. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. It is certainly our goal to provide clean rooms with friendly, efficient service and it is always a joy for me to hear when we have met that goal. Thank you for staying with us! We certainly hope to see you again soon.

White Township
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 17 days for business. Some people would say, "you poor soul." On the contrary, it was great. The desk staff was always cheerful and asked to help out anyway they can. The maid service was fantastic. The breakfast crew and meal always did the trick. The hotel was very clean and well managed. I never had any problems with parking. Any service render by this establishment was exceptional. I would definitely make the trip back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful comments concerning your stay. Our staff works very hard to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and it is certainly rewarding for the staff and me to hear such kind words of praise. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.