“Pleasantly surprised!”

Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2012

On May 4th my sister and I drove down to visit my son at Ft. Bragg. When we arrived they had been able to upgrade us to a suite, which worked out really well because we then had a nice area (couch, chair and table) where we could visit. The hotel was very clean and the staff was attentive to any of our needs. It's proximity to Ft. Bragg and all other interesting sights, especially the Airborne and Special Ops Museum, made it an even better stay. The only difficulty was initially finding the hotel, which is located behind another hotel off of Skibo Road, but I definitely recommend this hotel for a nice visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write here on Trip Advisor! We focus our attention on taking care of our guest and making them feel special. We appreciate again that you have shared your thoughts here. We truly want to be your first choice when choosing a hotel in Fayetteville.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, and it was a very nice stay. Everything was very clean, staff was very friendly. The free continental breakfast was excellent - they had quite a range from fresh made pancakes, bacon & eggs, oatmeal, pastries, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.

On our first night there was an issue with the hot water, apparently something was wrong with the water heater. We called the front desk, they said they were already working on it, and called us back within 20 minutes to let us know it was fixed. I was very pleased with the customer service, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate all of the wonderful things you noticed about the Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg and our staff! Everyone works very hard to ensure each guest feels special. I do hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked two rooms at this hotel about three weeks before our April 27th arrival. During those couple of weeks I called the hotel twice with some general questions about the area, restaurants, car rentals, late arrival etc. On both occasions I spoke with Melanie and each time she was cheerful, relaxed and professional and came across as simply wanting to help me. While this may not sound like a big deal it is something missing with so many people dealing with the public today that I really appreciate it. The hotel itself was clean, the rooms of good size and the price fair. No question as to where I would stay if I would return to Fayetteville.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Fayetteville.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I reserved a suite and it was extremely nice and modern. The breakfast was really good and the staff was friendly. I will not stay in any other hotel other that a Holiday Inn Express from now on.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Melissa M

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. Our goal is to always provide the best service in the industry. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel was actually very nice: nicely renovated rooms and a reasonable price. We had come for my nephew's Green Beret graduation and I had booked the room online. Upon arrival, the desk clerk told me I had been "upgraded" to an executive suite. I was put in Room 120 on the ground floor. Unfortunately, Room 120 is directly next to the laundry room and the fitness center. Promptly at 6 am, I was awakened by the "thump thump thump" of someone running on the treadmill. I have no problem with a fitness center being open at 6 am, but I do have a problem with a room that is literally a couple feet away! So my nice night's sleep in a nice room was wrecked since I couldn't get back to sleep. The front desk's response: "well, the fitness center is open 24 hours a day so there's nothing we can do". What you can do is not "upgrade" me to this room!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 120 - it's right next to fitness center/laundry room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Atlanta_Traveler999
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Atlanta_Traveler999,

Thank you for your review. I apologize you were not happy with the upgraded room.
Next time, If you have a preference on where you would like to be in the hotel,
Please let us know.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 14, 2012

In the past I always stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses however when I deployed, I lost my Platinum Status and swore never again. Well, a co-worker recommended this hotel due to its location--it's close to Fort Bragg. So I booked my room online. Upon arrival, my room was upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi tub, fireplace, and small kitchenette. The room has been renovated and the room was very clean. The breakfast had more items than most Holiday Inn Expresses--omelets, sausage, biscuits, gravy, bagels, fresh fruit etc. The only downfall is the small workout facility but they offer off-location gym use. The hotel also offers onsite laundry facilities. The hotel staff was very friendly and I love the fresh bowls of red and green apples throughout the lobby available anytime for a healthy snack. Definitely worth the price; I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The second floor of one building has smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor so if you aller...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LoriLions

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We love to hear our guest say that they enjoyed their stay with us. Also we are so very glad you decided to give Holiday Inn Express another try and hope you will be returning to see us at the Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg

Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the last 6 months, most recently on Feb 4/5, 2012. Our son attends college nearby and this hotel was recommended by the university. Clean rooms, friendly staff, safe location, and a good breakfast. Front desk staff upgraded us to a suite on the most recent stay which was a pleasant surprise. The suite felt like a former conference/meeting room redone into a bedroom; layout was a bit odd and didn't like the hot tub in the middle of the living area, but room was very clean and spacious.

Hotel is very quiet - our room was on the 1st floor next to the exit and only heard one group come in at 3am; doors don't slam shut and couldn't hear our neighbors at all. Pool area is small. Large mall nearby with tons of restaurants but also lots of traffic. Getting around on a Sat night at 7pm was torture. Will definitely stay here anytime we are back in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Handshaw

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg.
We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and were able to use some of our facilities. I am sorry that you experienced some difficulty with the traffic. Please keep coming back and we will keep taking great care of you.