“great room for business travel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville

DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Durham, North Carolina
“great room for business travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I decided to choose this hotel because another hotel in Fayetteville, where I had previously stayed, was not quite as good as I had hoped. Doubletree delivered with a great room, very quiet and excellent desk and chair that allowed me to work from my room in as much comfort as I would find in any modern office. I did not ry the restaurant, but the breakfqast counter with Starbucks coffee was great. The only wish I have is that besides Starbucks coffee, the breakfast counter is supplemented with fresh pastries rather than wrapped pastries that I can buy at any grocery store. Having just a couple of slides of pound cake or a croissant to go with my coffee would have made the stay perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Traveler,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent visit with us here in Fayetteville, as well as for your kind words regarding our hotel. Especially the office area inside of our guest rooms. While we love any praise that we receive from our guests it's always nice to hear when someone notices the often overlooked amenities.

Considering that such a large percentage of our clients here are business travelers like yourself we have put a great deal of thought into making sure should they need to extend their work past normal 'office hours', they can do so from the comfort of their room. Again we appreciate you not only noticing this, but taking the time to share your opinion with the other business travelers here on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely hope that you make your way back again in the future and when you do, maybe we can get you that fresh pastry to go with your Starbucks coffee. That's an excellent suggestion, especially considering we have fresh pastries in our restaurant just a few feet away. Until the next time we see you, we wish you safe and fruitful travels.

- N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Hebrew first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while attending the US Open. The staff were professional and courteous so my disappointment was not with them. When we stepped into the elevator I noticed stains on the carpet and an overall rundown appearance. The room was large and nice enough but the coffee maker ran over and burned my hand. The carpet was again stained but the bathroom was clean enough. I planned to eat lunch in the bistro downstairs but inexplicably it was closed during lunch despite advertising to be open for lunch and dinner. Hilton properties are normally kept very well. This one needs attention!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Staci R
Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Traveler,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us here at our Fayetteville property, as well as for providing your valuable feedback to our hotel. Guest satisfaction and loyalty are two of our most important goals and to hear that you had issues as such is extremely disconcerting. I would like to take this time to apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your most recent stay or any other. While we try and maintain a level of perfection sometimes mistakes will happen, and it's you the customer who often suffers for this. Having said that, I can assure you that we have taken all of your feedback very seriously and are currently working to resolve the matters in question.

To your comments about the carpet; we are currently working on that very issue. While we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about with us, we are sorry that this left a negative impression on you regarding your stay. Maintaining and renovating are two constant processes and depending on when you come, sometimes you catch us in the middle of a project. Again we want to express our gratitude for being so candid with us about this point, it shows us exactly what our guests are thinking. That is one of the most important bits of information to ascertain.

Regarding the coffee maker, we also sincerely apologize for whatever error caused that to happen and assure you that this an isolated, if not a one-time issue. I am currently in the process of trying to ascertain which room you were in so that we can remove the machine in question so that it doesn't happen again. While this is not at all typical it is unfortunate and we regret that it happened to you.

As far as the restaurant not being available, I am not sure where the miscommunication happened but I can assure that we do offer a lunch service. The lounge area is usually closed for cleaning and dinner setup, but we have sit-down dining options in our Cafe de Lafayette as well as in-room dining options available all day. We are sorry that nobody was able to inform you of this and we will work on making it easier to discern that lunch is in fact available for our guests.

Once again we apologize for any complications that you experienced during your sojourn, and we here at the Fayetteville DoubleTree by Hilton hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the accommodations that you deserve. Despite some of the negative aspects of this review I will make sure to inform the staff that they were a bright spot for a guest who had a less-than-stellar experience. We thank you for your candid, honest feedback as well as your repeat patronage. Stay safe in your travels until the next time we see you.

Clayton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Awesome staff, clean room, clean pool area. Had a great time! Check in was very quick and the staff were extremely friendly. I was walking to the pool area with my grandchildren and an staff member offered to bring towels out to the pool for us. Really enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Hello and welcome again from Fayetteville. We wanted to thank you not only for your stay with us recently, but also for your kind words and glowing review on TripAdvisor. While we are thrilled that you enjoyed our facility and the comfort of your stay I'm especially pleased that our staff made such an impression on you. Just as a good staff can sometimes make up for less-than-stellar accommodations; a bad staff can make a brand new, state-of-the-art facility seem like a dungeon. I will make sure to post this on our board so that everyone can see that they made a difference.

Again we thank you not only for your patronage but for your feedback here. DoubleTree by Hilton looks forward to your next visit with us and hopes that we can provide you the same great memories and in the meantime, we wish you and yours safe travels.

Parrish, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stopped here on a recent road trip from Florida to Delaware. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. The hotel has a nice pool area and spa facility. Also, they have a bar and cafe area which has Starbucks products which was great. I could have a latta without making an additionl stop. Happy travels..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear traveler,

I wanted to say hello and thank you for not only choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton here in Fayetteville for your recent over night accommodations, but for taking some time to share the experience with your fellow TripAdvisors as well.

We are thrilled to hear that not only did you enjoy your stay and our staff (who will be informed of this as soon as I finish this response) but you actually got to enjoy the full range of features here. I am rueful to say that many of our guests are so weary from their journey that they often only have time to make it from the front desk to their room, and back again in the morning on their way out. Our property has so much more to offer and it's comforting to know that someone out there was able to get a few moments to appreciate that.

Once again we thank you for not only your patronage but your correspondence as well. I hope that you can make your way back to our little oasis off of Interstate 95 and give us another chance to keep you safe and sound. In the meantime we wish you safe travels. Now I'm going to have to go get a latte myself.

Norfolk, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our trip by car from Orlando to Massachusetts. The hotel was easy to find, right off the highway and about an eight hour drive from Orlando.

The staff were helpful, enabling us to make a reservation by phone while we were on the road in South Carolina. We were looking for a quiet room so we could get plenty of sleep before the next day's drive, and that is exactly what we got! We stayed in the Abraham Lincoln Suite, Room 2001. It was on the top floor of the two story suite section. There were two spacious bedrooms, a large living and dining area and two full baths. The room was very reasonably priced for such a large and beautiful suite.

We ordered room service, which was available until 11 pm. The pizza was excellent, and the portions were very generous. All in all, we had a wonderful time here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites offer spacious accommodations for families.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Traveler,

First and foremost we want to thank you so much for your kind words and glowing review of our hotel. I can hardly think of a better way to start off my week than to see that we were able to keep you safe and well rested on your journey. To that point; what a journey it was! Orlando to Massachusetts, depending on your destination in the latter, is over 1200 miles and approximately 19 hours! That is no small trek and we are thrilled that you chose our DoubleTree by Hilton here in Fayetteville to finally pull over and get some rest.

Furthermore, we thank you for the remarks regarding the value and quality of our suites. While we take great pride in being as competitively priced as possible, often times that is an area taken for granted by travelers. We appreciate that you not only recognized the value but took the time to let other travelers know about it as well. You even remembered the suite name and number. Impressive!

Once again we appreciate your patronage, your feedback, and of course your kind words. We hope that you make your way back to our property again soon and give us another chance to provide you with a little slice of home while you are out and about on the road. Stay safe in your travels until then.

Indian Trail, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Fayetteville off of I-95 recently. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful and the rooms were clean. I felt safe during my say. The hotel lobby and other rooms were decorated nicely and looked nice. The hotel was convenient to the locations I was visiting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Traveler,

We wanted to take a moment to extend our thanks to you for your recent stay here in Fayetteville, as well as for telling the rest of TripAdvisor how it went. There is no substitute for a personal testimonial and we truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts on our comfort, safety, convenient location, and kind staff. Not only with your fellow travelers but with us as well. I read each of this reviews personally (in some cases multiple times) and there is no better barometer for how we are performing that a guest's candid, honest input.

Again we thank you for your patronage and your feedback. I will make sure to post this on our Wall of Praise and let everyone know that they are doing a good job. We look forward to our next opportunity to keep your safe and comfortable on your next expedition.

Scottsdale, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very clean and hospitable. Staff very friendly from all members. Parking was good and plenty of spaces. Would prefer a light on the side of hotel in the parking lot due to possible break ins. Elevator was fast and speedy. Pool was clean and bar was nice. One of the Bartenders was very rude to my friend so that is about the only thing I have a problem with beside the only getting the point for one of my rooms not both of them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Doubletree F, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Traveler,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for you sharing your thoughts here on TripAdvisor. While I have already responded to you separately through our Hilton website, I wanted to make sure to let you know that we appreciate your feedback on all forms of media. Without our guests taking the time to let their fellow travelers know about what we do and offer here, a lot of our guests would never hear about the features that we can't advertise here, such as customer service or our speedy elevators. Also, often times hearing a personal testimony is simply more meaningful than a homogenized advertisement.

We thank you for your time and patronage, and though I addressed it in our other correspondence; I again apologize for the issue with the bartender. We hope that you make your way back to our property soon and give us a chance to show you that incidents like that are not typical at all. Stay safe in your travels, and keep on sharing your thoughts and experiences.