“Good Hotel Service, but”

DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Hotel Service, but”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Ok, this is a good deal for the price. They treat Gold members well. The place is very clean and well kept. My only complaint was the bar--they had no snacks and the bartender told me to check out the convenience store. Honestly--$30 dollars for drinks and I had to go to the convenience store to pay $5 for three small snack bags of chips and popcorn? They would do better to spend a few $ on snack food or have appetizers available and people would spend more $ at the bar.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BarbaraM465
DoubletreeFayNC, Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton in Fayetteville, NC. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do want to ensure you that we appreciate your concerns about our lounge and are taking steps in correcting this matter. We do hope that this does not hinder your decision to return to our property again in the future. We wish you safe travels until then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Hebrew first
Enterprise, AL, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My stay at this hotel was extremely comfortable and the hotel staff are excellent. Try to stay at doubletree hotels when I travel as they always meet my expectations. The rooms are very comfortable. shuttle bus srvice too and from the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton in Fayetteville, NC. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are a valued DoubleTree guest. We look forward to seeing you in the future and wish you safe travels until then.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Although every Double tree service provider gave excellent service, the overall hotel room, although renovated, was not the higher quality we've come to expect from Hilton Chain. We used points and even got a deluxe room, but compared to Fairfield Inn just 2 doors down that does not have a restaurant, we had better accommodations for WAY LESS points (also regular price of upgraded rooms was also far less too). Convenient for restaurant, again service great& food was OK but over priced. Unfortunately BOTH Hilton Garden Inns on I-95 in NC were FULL both nights we tried to stay on drive north and return drive trip south.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First, let me thank you for choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton, during your recent visit to Fayetteville, NC. Secondly, we appreciate the time you took to complete the TripAdvisor Survey.

Our goal as a team is always to create positive experiences. We strive to provide our guest with the best commodities while at our property. We do apologize that the room description was not described to you the correct way. We see that you booked through the central reservations department and with them being at a separate location; they may not always know the exact room descriptions.

We also would like to apologize that once arriving, you did not feel as if our property was up to DoubleTree standards, and that you were charged more points than at the Marriott property. We apologize for that, but unfortunately, the point structure is something that is set by our corporate office.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to see you soon again.

In the meantime, we wish you safe travels.
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very convenient to I-95 and the service could not have been better, super friendly and helpful staff. Room service food was excellent. The only thing that prevented giving them a excellent rating was that the hall and our room was showing quite a bit of wear and tear; the hall was being renovated while we were there, however. The room and bath were exceptionally clean. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton in Fayetteville, NC. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do want to ensure you that we are working on upgrading some features of our property. We look forward to seeing you in the future and wish you safe travels until then.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Charleston because the kids were just about done with being cooped up in the car and this hotel was right off 95 so we gave it a go. We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, spacious for the 4 of us and comfortable. Nowadays is becoming somewhat of a rarity to find hotels that still provide a fridge in the room (even four star hotels just give you an ice bucket) and we were pleasantly surprised to find this perk still being offered here. We took full advantage of it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton in Fayetteville, NC. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that the kids got to unwind and you got to relax. We look forward to seeing you in the future and wish you safe travels until then.
Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past when traveling from the D.C. area to Hilton Head with no problems. It's conveniently located right off I-95, and has those yummy chocolate chip cookies. A Cracker Barrel is right across the street. Yesterday was a different story. We arrived with our reservation in hand and found a line in the lobby waiting to check-in. Unusual, but it was 3:30pm just a little past the 3 pm check-in time so I thought our arrival coincided with a large group perhaps. The woman in front of us was clearly agitated and was trying to get the manager's attention while he was passing out free water to those in line. Should have gotten a clue then. After the manager gave us water, I asked the woman in front of us if she had been waiting a long time, and she's the one who told us their computer system had crashed. They were completely shut down and could not do check-ins manually. The woman at the front desk, Christine, was ignoring the people in the line, unless you walked up to the desk and confronted her. And here's the part where I got annoyed. After standing at the front of the line for several minutes and watching her move back and forth and never look up, I finally walked to the desk and asked her if she could tell me what was going on. She explained about the problem with the computer and that they were completely unable to do anything. She offered me two options: either give her my phone number and they would call when things were back up, or I could cancel my reservation. That was it. After talking it over with my husband, decided to wait it out and gave her my number. Then after sitting for a few minutes and realizing they had no clue whether they could even fix the problem, I checked the Marriott Courtyard across town to see if they had rooms (they did), so I made a reservation there and went back to the desk and cancelled that room. Dealt with a different employee who was extremely apologetic and I'm sorry I don't remember her name, because she at least had the right attitude. Had the manager, or Christine, even offered so much as an apology and any small compensation (food coupon? 1000 HHonors points?) as an apology, we perhaps would have waited it out. Not even a cookie while we waited. I asked to speak to the manager when I canceled the reservation, but he evidently was out trying to buy the part they supposedly needed. I realize things happen that are out of human control sometimes, but how a business responds to those things speaks volumes. First of all, I cannot even fathom that there's no back-up plan in the event of system failure. Secondly, in this event, I thought their response that they would call us when it was fixed or cancel our reservation was insufficient. Could they have offered to help people find other lodging? We weren't on a timeline, but one woman had a business meeting in a half hour, and another family was there for a rehearsal dinner. Just unacceptable to let people cool their heels when you aren't able to meet your commitment for providing lodging. And then in true ironic fashion, this morning when I went to Hilton.com to "Contact Us" because I want to give them feedback on this event, I got an error message that something was wrong with that link. LOL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeFayNC, Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve and expect. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and we can assure you that we will take the steps necessary to keep issues like this from happening again. Thanks you for your review and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Brazil
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is a bit old and poorly located. It is not a 3 and half stars hotel. That half star is beyond its limits (zing!). Free parking and weak free internet (barely could use Skype). Suitable for families on road trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DoubletreeFayNC, Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Fayetteville DoubleTree Hotel. We do apologize for the concerns that you have brought to our attention and want to ensure you that we are looking into each one. Your reviews help us know how to better serve you and other guest in the future. We hope that you give us another chance; Safe travels until then.