“Good Stay”

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Newport, North Carolina, United States
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Overall the hotel was nice. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I didn't get a chance to have the breakfast so I don't know how the food is. However, I was able to have the cookies they giveaway to guests and they were great. I liked the room. There was enough space for me and my roommate. We were able to spreadout and not feel on top of each other. The only issues I had was parking. I understand they had parking in the back, but it seemed so dangerous to be a women traveling alone and being back there. Also, I needed more washcloths. They only limit you to one and it was a challenge getting a housekeeper to bring you another one. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I only rated the location poor because of the distance I had to travel to get to my conference. It i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
Metuchen, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Florida. It was convenient off the highway. The staff was friendly. Ths hotel needs to be updated. It was clean, but everywhere you looked it was showing its age. The rugs need to be replaced. The walls were thin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a mixed review in some ways. While the staff was very friendly and the beds comfy... the walls need re-wallpapered and the rugs replaced. My bathroom #507 has staples in the bathroom wallpaper. And the rug had lots of stains on it. I have stayed in Doubletree Hotels before and this one just doesn't match their high standard for quality. Hoping they recognize the need to spruce things up. We ate in the restaurant and our bartender was great, as was the food.
I'd stay again, but I'd want to make sure they renovated first.

• Stayed August 2012
Watertown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Website says "salt water pool" at least twice throughout the description. Trip Advisor lists only two hotels in town with bars and pools, same price.. Got to the room, no sign of a pool. Desk stated the pool has been closed, there is a sign in the lobby and pool is removed from the website.
Checked the websites, Trip Advisor and theI hotel site. Called the manager. He repeated that he told corporate in March about the pool, and I am the first one who didn't know.
I said I had paid a bit/more because I wanted to swim, maybe hot tub. He said he wanted to check something and call me back. I was hoping for an upgrade to a Jacuzzi room? He called and said we could leave and he would refund our money! Am I wrong to be unhappy?

• Stayed August 2012
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We showed up at the hotel with no reservation after a family members funeral arrangements were changed. The manager on duty assists us in a matter of minutes to book five rooms for the night, and made us feel very welcome even though we just drove up with no plans.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, and every staff member went above and beyond to assist us. Even the housekeeping staff greeted us in the hallways.

• Stayed July 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Easy access to I-95 but nothing special here. The pool is undergoing extensive renovations so you should call & get a status check on that if it is an important part of your stay. Decent fitness room and the Garam Masala in the restaurant was surprisingly good. You get a free cookie upon check in but check the calories on the cookies before you stuff them in your mouth -yikes!

• Stayed July 2012
newjoy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

An impressive experience from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. The hotel catered to all of our needs and the smiling staff went above and beyond to ensure that we felt special during our stay. The junior suite on the fourth floor was spacious and allowed our two small children plenty of room to play without us feeling cramped. Updated and modern throughout, the atmosphere is refined, but friendly, and is a great place to host friends for a relaxed dinner away from the chain restaurants and congestion in the city. Whether coming to town for a visit or whether you need a place to stay while traveling I 95, I would highly recommend the hotel and believe it to be the best the area has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family