“Great value For Money!”

Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Sydney, Australia
“Great value For Money!”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Can't fault anything about this hotel except the toast!

Comfortable large beds and good TV reception. Good Wifi . The room was spacious, and very clean standard, and a great shower. Staff attentive, location very handy .

All breakfasts were extra, but the cooked breakfasts were worth the extra few dollars to the continental. My husband had continental but can't remember seeing non sugary cereals available......sorry if I'm wrong!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeFayNC, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Fayetteville, NC. We definitely are grateful for the positive comments from you and hope to see you again. Happy journeys until then.

Fayetteville, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Hebrew first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 5, 2011

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: The most upscale property in Fayetteville. At I-95, easy on/off, several miles away from the Fort Bragg/downtown area. Nicer than your 3-star, run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn, in that the room is larger/cozier and the property offers additional amenities. Still, don't imagine it to be an upscale 4-star full service property. Very clean … and the staff is very customer service-oriented. If you don't mind paying three-digits for a room and you are staying in Fayetteville, look no further, stay here.

THE DETAILS: The property is situated directly off Exit 49 of I-95 and, even though it offers a deep discount for military and U.S. Government, it appeared most of the guests are I-95ers. I made a reservation the same day, thereby missing a chance to snag a Doubletree 20%-off advance reservation promotion, that rate would have been about 105. The Internet rate was 129. I called the front desk and was able to leverage my Hilton HHonors status into a rate of 116. The lowest rate available was the Army rate at 91.

Customer-orientation was very apparent from the outset. I called at 7:30pm to say that I was running late getting into town and that I would have to go on to my Fayetteville appointment without checking in, that I might not appear at the front desk until midnight or even later. I was told my room would be held without problem … and without charging the credit card charge as well. I was continually, politely and professionally greeted at every turn on the property.

The room was nice, well-appointed and were apparently re-done about three years ago. There are all sorts of tiered room rates at the website, but unless I am mistaken there's really no difference in any of the basic rooms. Some of those tier rates appear to have been created by tacking-on "free" wi-fi and/or the breakfast buffet. But basically the real choices are a basic room, a 1 br suite or a 2 br suite. My pre-planning source told me the "Thomas Jefferson" Presidential suite is the best unit on the property. That had a posted rate of 329.

Really, you couldn't go wrong staying here unless you are either limiting your choices to the two-digit, two-star price & quality range … or you must have a truly upscale full service property. My guess is that any other property priced less - in this town - is rough around the edges and sees a lot of heavy-duty, high-traffic use related to all the soldiers in town.

Were I going to Fayetteville again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. In fact, I doubt I would even bother to cross-shop anywhere else. I'll just run down the rest of the stay in terms of pros and cons:

PRO: They serve a breakfast and that includes an AYCE breakfast buffet priced at 9.99. It's competing with a Shoney's breakfast buffet about 300 yards away.
CON: It looked a whole lot like the breakfast you can get free at Holiday Inn. The eggs looked like they were powder-based. The biscuits were those rock-hard dry kind that come packed 72 in a frozen cardboard tray. Those unappetizing cheese Danishes, cereals, that sort of thing.

PRO: There was a full service bar/lounge. When I entered the bar at midnight Friday, there was a full time manager doing nothing but monitoring customer experience. He saw me standing at the bar and fetched me a seat without my asking and said "For you, sir." The patrons looked to be all locals; it's not an Army bar, so to speak.
CON: I asked the kid bartender what kind of Scotch he had. He had to look. There was only one he said, Cutty Sark. The bar was sardine-packed with nothing but stone-drunk karaokers singing badly. Within five minutes a bearded buy dressed in a white wife-beater t-shirt knocked his beer bottle over, dumping it all over my dress shirt & tie.

PRO: The room looked very nice in most every way. Big windows with a view of the off-ramp. The pillows and mattress were plenty comfy. A decent-sized flat screen TV. The A/C blew plenty cold. And it came with a large (double-cubed-sized) fridge, a smallish microwave and a single-server coffeemaker.
CON: The room was light on towels and WAY light on hangers. The coffee was branded Wolfgang Puck. When I tried to open the fridge door, the entire fridge tipped over out of its cabinet and onto the floor.

PRO: There's a teeny-weeny market where you can buy teeny-weeny packages of potato chips or sundries, 24/7. There's a 24/7 convenience store across the street.
CON: The bathroom sink/counter area is very very small. Even for one person.

PRO: A spacious indoor pool. You can look down into it from the second and third floor hallways. Apparently there are a few rooms that have windows overlooking the pool. That might have been interesting!
CON: There was absolutely a hot water issue during the 10am rush to check-out. I had all the steaming hot water I wanted by 11am.

PRO: Folio under the door, no desk check out required. No phone-call pestering about the hour-late late checkout.

PRO: Basic food-as-fuel choices in the immediate area. Subway, Shoney's, Pizza Hut, Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel. If you decide you hate this place, there's a Hampton Inn just up the street.

PRO: Those warm Doubletree choco-chip cookies. And no limit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Fayetteville, NC. We definitely are grateful for the positive comments from you as comments such as yours are what we strive for. We hope to see you again. Happy journeys until then.

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 16, 2011

The hotel was not clean (hairs in tub). The carpets were worn and appeared dirty. We had a wasp in our room. When we went to investigate where it came from, we found a gaping hole in the window frame. We also didn't receive the chocolate chip cookies that they talk about. They ran out in the morning!
The best thing about this hotel was the towels and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to point out these issues. As a Doubletree by Hilton, our goal is always to create positive experiences. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we have certainly addressed the issue of a faulty window. Moreover, we are in process of replacing our carpets as well. We certainly hope that you give us another chance at making it right, so please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

Doubletree by Hilton,
Fayetteville, NC.
Falls Church, Va
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This was a surprisingly nice Doubletree which appears to have been recently remodeled. The staff were friendly and competent. Given the location, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am very glad I selected this hotel. It was clean, rooms newly remodeled, and quiet. It was also well located, although Fayetteville really isnt that large. Should I ever return to the area, I will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nads82

Germany
Reviewed March 18, 2011

In a couple of weeks, my husband and I are moving to Fort Bragg, in Fayetteville, North Carolina. We recently stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in Fayetteville as a base for househunting. We started to book the room through the Doubletree's Web site, but the prices seemed a bit steep. I recommended to my husband that he call and see if they had a government rate. They did, and we saved significantly off the online rate-- about $20 per night.

According to TripAdvisor, the Doubletree is one of the fanciest places the Fayetteville's got going and we would have the added benefit of collecting Hilton HHonors points. Though we planned for four nights at this hotel, we ended up staying three... not because we were dissatisfied, but because we were successful in finding a house on our first day of looking.

Checking in

We were very tired after a long drive from Fayetteville, Georgia to Fayetteville, North Carolina. Luckily, the Doubletree is located just off Interstate 95. We pulled into the Doubletree's ample parking lot and entered the lobby, where we were greeted by a very professional receptionist. She found our reservation while a colleague got us a couple of warm chocolate chip cookies. As we headed for the elevator, I noticed a small gift shop which is open 24 hours a day. It appeared to offer snacks and drinks, though vending machines are also available.

The room

We were assigned to room 226. Though we had requested a king sized bed, there weren't any available. Consequently, our room was outfitted with two queens. Mounted on the wall was a very nice 32 inch flat screen television equipped with plenty of channels. There was a desk, a small chair with an ottoman, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a small Wolfgang Puck coffee set up. Wireless internet access is free.

The bathroom

The bathroom was conveniently set up with the sink and closet on one side of a closing door and the toilet and bathtub/shower on the other side. It was stocked with Neutrogena toiletries-- the usual soap, lotion, and shampoo. There was also a sign alerting guests that if they forgot something-- say, a razor, toothbrush, or toothpaste-- they could get complimentary replacements from the front desk. I was very pleased with the shower, which offered plenty of water pressure and hot water.

The lounge

On our first night at the Doubletree, we were both pretty tired and not in the mood to go looking for dinner. We also weren't very hungry. Nevertheless, we were both in the mood for a little beer, so we visited the Marquis Bistro, where we were greeted by a very cheerful hostess wearing an Army pin on her lapel. She asked us if we wanted to sit in the dining room or the bar area. Since most everyone was in the bar, that's where we headed. And it was a good place to be, too. A very friendly bartender named Zee was serving beer, wine, and spirits to a low key crowd, some of whom seemed to be intently watching a basketball game on one of the flat screen TVs.

We enjoyed a couple of rounds and a couple of appetizers, then wrapped up the leftovers for later. There's also a small "cafe" where guests can get Starbucks coffee and snacks and enjoy them over one of the free newspapers Doubletree provides to its guests.

The pool, gym, and spa

I usually like to try out the pool when I stay in properties that offer them. I never got around to it on this trip. The Doubletree in Fayetteville has a heated saltwater pool that appeared to be a pretty good size. They also offer a small exercise room and a day spa. The exercise room offers treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes, and free weights. The day spa offers massages.

Business center

For those folks who still don't carry a computer with them, a 24 hour business center is available. We didn't check it out.

Convenience to Fayetteville

The Doubletree is located about four miles from downtown Fayetteville. It's about twelve miles from Fort Bragg/Pope Air Force Base. I think this hotel is most convenient for people just getting off I-95.

Sleep quality

I slept very well during our stay. While the beds were the most comfortable I've ever encountered, they were definitely very nice. Housekeeping did a great job keeping our room spic and span.

No free breakfast

The bistro does offer breakfast, but it's not included in the room rate. Guests can either go to the restaurant or fill out a card and hang it on the door before midnight to have breakfast delivered to their room. We did not try the breakfast from the bistro, but I noticed that most of the menu options cost in the $10 range. A pot of Starbucks coffee costs extra.

My husband and I had coffee and muffins from the cafe the first morning. On the second morning, we went to Shoney's, which is within walking distance of the Doubletree. The third morning, we ate leftovers from other meals that we had conveniently stored in the mini-fridge.

Checking out

Check-out was completely painless, even though we left sooner than we planned.

Other information

Check in is at 3:00. Check out is at noon. No pets are allowed. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle.

Overall

The Doubletree in Fayetteville, NC is a clean, well-run property that offers a lot of attractive amenities to guests. I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank knotheadusc
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Fayetteville, NC. We definitely are grateful for the highly detailed positive comments from you and hope to see you again. Happy journeys until then.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Hands down the best hotel in Fayetteville. Rooms are clean, comfortable beds, friendly service, restaurant is decent.

• Stayed February 2011

Largo, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I needed to get my husband's car down to the Tampa FL area as we are in the process of relocating. You may notice our first stop was at Red Roof Inn in Fayetteville - safe but far from luxury however we were traveling with our cat.

Being a female traveling with another female, I insisted on staying in the nicest hotel in the Fayetteville area as I've become familiar with this halfway type point along i95. We were super safe, car filled with computer, speakers, TV, etc. was untouched in the front lot overnight.

Staff was beyond nice, accommodating and real down home style sweet! Wonderful staff both in the evening and morning.

It's the little things about DoubleTree that I love which are offered here. Warm cookie at check in (weird that they seem to have nuts in them with everyone allergic to nuts these days), lush pillows and bedding (like a dream to sleep in), comfy towels, nice Neutrogena toiletries, Wolfgang Puck (pod style) coffee maker with yummy coffees and teas, microwave, big flat screen -- room was very cozy.

Salt water pool looked very inviting, but alas we didn't have our bathing suits. Market in the lobby offers soda, beer, wine and other items. Didn't dine in hotel, but you get a discount when you check in. Didn't grab the Starbucks on this trip - offered in the cafe. Everything food wise in the hotel shuts down around 10/11 and we only found a soda machine, so if you're a late night-snacker, great place to watch your diet :)

Overall wonderful stay. Returned to this hotel after a pleasant stay in February!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends