“Never a bad meal”

Add it.
Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q
Ranked #125 of 539 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Polite service and great food in the cleanest environment. What more can you say... Try the BBQ Chicken as a change of pace.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Came here from California to visit family. I was hoping to get some authentic North Carolina BBQ. WOW!! Was I disappointed!

I don't like to be completely negative so I will start with the good parts. The service was incredible. Very prompt and attentive. There were some menus items that were slightly confusing for us. They made the changes without question. Again the staff, cleanliness, presentation and decor are great!

But the BBQ and chicken were truly unbearable. I felt bad that my family had to pay for something I was so disappointed in. The sauce was very thin...like 60% vinegar. The BBQ pork didn't taste like BBQ at all, more like something from a Crockpot. And the chicken was very bland.

The staff were beyond our expectations too bad the food wasn't.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

if you want authentic carolina style bbq and the best fried chicken in the south come here. brunswick stew, banana pudding and hot dogs are also excellent choices. place is very har5d to stay away from because it is so good.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Only ate there once and it has been over a year ago. Food was OK but very greasy. I'm really not a fan of "watery" BBQ sauce. I like it sweet and thick but that's just me.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

While visiting the Holiday Inn Express in Hope Mills we got some fried chicken for take out. The 12 piece with fritters was a good value. The chicken was the best we have ever had from a take out place. It's not far from the hotel and really did the trick.