“The most I’ve spent on awful food…”

Morgan's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #312 of 521 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Raeford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most I’ve spent on awful food…”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. We read some various reviews online (they were mixed) but we thought we’d give it a try.
The appetizer was gross. We ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp (it smelled fishy when they brought it to the table). It had a funny taste and the consistency of an eraser. We sent it back and they did not take it off our bill as promised.
The wedge salad was good (the only good thing about the meal).
My husband ordered the Ribeye- although it was cooked the way he ordered it the steak had no flavor at all. I ordered the special: fillet (6oz) and grilled lobster tail. The steak was dry as a bone and the lobster tail was gross- much like the shrimp from earlier.
The entire meal was rotten and way overpriced. The restaurant’s décor was as lousy as the food- nasty laminate flooring; 50 layers of old paint on the trim and walls; no candles, dusty, old flowers. The staff seemed pretty professional- I feel for them as I heard more than one of them having to say, “I’m sorry- can I bring you something else?” to at least three other tables. We’ve had much better meals at other places in town for less than half the price.
Save your hard-earned money and go somewhere else. This place is nasty.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Heidi K

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“My Steak was very good-and too big for just one meal!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My cousins treated 5 of us to this $$$ restaurant. We all liked our appitizers and meals. I took at least half of my steak home. The service is s-l-o-w it is true...but we had lots to talk about...and a new baby to beam on...so that was not a problem for us.
I would go back. (Just lower your standards and be prepared for a wait while here.)

• Visited July 2012
Matthews, North Carolina
“Terrible service”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Maybe I caught it on a bad night but wow is the service slow. I sat at the bar waiting for my customer and was served right away. When we were seated in the restaurant we had to wait so long to see somebody that my customer actually got up, went to the bar, and got his own drink. Now, it was a Wednesday night and the place was not even half full. There was no "sorry" or anything just an "Are you ready to order."

The sampler appetizer was just Ok. It is huge but it is bland fried food for the most part. The wine list is pretty good and very affordable. Now, my customer got the Pork Chop and Paella and it was great. I got the filet and it was small and mostly tasteless. It had some canned crab meat poured over the top... My baked sweet potato was dry and needed way to much butter to help it out. My wedge salad was good and probably the highlight of the meal. Not good for a steak house.

Maybe this is a steak house you shouldn't order steak at???

• Visited May 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First class price, low class service!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Do not waste your time or money! This place is not what it represents itself to be. Go to the Texas Road House for a much better steak and meal experience! The wait staff is horrible and when they do not bring your $35.00 meal at the same time as your wifes (but after she is finished) they expect you to pay for it and box it up to take home. Yeah, I'm gonna' want to take a $35.00 meal home in a styrofoam box. I don't think so!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jdub1958
Midland, Texas
“Elegance and Entertainment”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The first great thing you'll notice about Morgan's Chop House is the simple elegance of the decor. Very tasteful, relaxing, and romantic. If you go late enough in the evening, there is live jazz entertainment!The service is splendid, the wine list extensive. We started off with the lobster wontons. The flavor was mild and crisp, not overly fishy. A fresh salad of your choice is served before entrees. We tried the roasted duck for our third course, and it was wonderful! Very juicy, but not greasy; lots of sweet and tangy flavor. For dessert we were brought a mountainous fudge brownie sundae. This sundae was shared amongst four people, and we couldn't finish it because it was so large! Yes, you will pay a good price, but the food is high quality, fine dining!

• Visited March 2012