“Terrible service”

Morgan's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 519 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Matthews, North Carolina
“Terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Maybe I caught it on a bad night but wow is the service slow. I sat at the bar waiting for my customer and was served right away. When we were seated in the restaurant we had to wait so long to see somebody that my customer actually got up, went to the bar, and got his own drink. Now, it was a Wednesday night and the place was not even half full. There was no "sorry" or anything just an "Are you ready to order."

The sampler appetizer was just Ok. It is huge but it is bland fried food for the most part. The wine list is pretty good and very affordable. Now, my customer got the Pork Chop and Paella and it was great. I got the filet and it was small and mostly tasteless. It had some canned crab meat poured over the top... My baked sweet potato was dry and needed way to much butter to help it out. My wedge salad was good and probably the highlight of the meal. Not good for a steak house.

Maybe this is a steak house you shouldn't order steak at???

• Visited May 2012

Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First class price, low class service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Do not waste your time or money! This place is not what it represents itself to be. Go to the Texas Road House for a much better steak and meal experience! The wait staff is horrible and when they do not bring your $35.00 meal at the same time as your wifes (but after she is finished) they expect you to pay for it and box it up to take home. Yeah, I'm gonna' want to take a $35.00 meal home in a styrofoam box. I don't think so!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jdub1958
Midland, Texas
“Elegance and Entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

The first great thing you'll notice about Morgan's Chop House is the simple elegance of the decor. Very tasteful, relaxing, and romantic. If you go late enough in the evening, there is live jazz entertainment!The service is splendid, the wine list extensive. We started off with the lobster wontons. The flavor was mild and crisp, not overly fishy. A fresh salad of your choice is served before entrees. We tried the roasted duck for our third course, and it was wonderful! Very juicy, but not greasy; lots of sweet and tangy flavor. For dessert we were brought a mountainous fudge brownie sundae. This sundae was shared amongst four people, and we couldn't finish it because it was so large! Yes, you will pay a good price, but the food is high quality, fine dining!

• Visited March 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best Experience Yet!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was our 3rd/4th visit to Morgan's Chop House. We took a couple of friends with us this time. I had the ribeye which I must say was the best I have ever had anywhere. The seasoning was awesome, it was cooked to perfection and very tender. My husband had filet mignon and our friends both had pork chops. The signature chop was about 2 inches thick, also very tasty & tender. Our whole meal was delicious. Our waiter, Chris, was very helpful in selecting wine and very attentive, even though he was very busy. They had entertainment in the bar which wasn't too loud in the dining area. It was a great experience & we will definitely be going again. Thanks to Chris for a great evening.

• Visited February 2012
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Need to chop the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

The food and service were great but If you are in the market for "Market Price" meat dont be surprised to get a $75+ price for your steak. Dont get me wrong it was very delicious but after I payed the bill I could have almost bought the cow.

On another note they also have a very good wine selection to complement the meal.

Visited February 2012