“Just What I Expected”

Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just What I Expected”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids age 13 & 8) stayed here this past weekend for my son's baseball tournament about 10 miles away in Hope Mills, NC. I had read other reviews about the property being difficult to find, but my GPS took me straight there.

We arrived a little early and our room was available without having to wait -always a plus for me. The room was clean. The covers on the beds had a couple places that probably should be tended to, but we just pulled those off and put them aside. Certainly not even close to the worst I have seen. Others in our group thought their rooms were not clean enough, but I did not see any of them first hand, so I can't confirm or deny their claims.

The pool was only 3-5ft deep, but that suited our purposes well. The kids had a good time splashing around and cooling off. It appeared clean and tidy. I used the washing machine and dryer for a small charge. The washing machine did a great job getting the white ball pants clean, and the dryer had everything dry (including beach towels used at the pool) before the time was up.

Breakfast was very simple, but that's what I thought I was getting. Waffles, danish, toast, cereal, bagels, yogurt, coffee and juice were offered. For two mornings, there was enough variety that I did not have to eat the same thing twice, unless I chose to.

No issues with WiFi, as I had read from previous reviews. Our beds were comfortable, and we had no issues with noise.

Cheyenne was extremely helpful at the front desk, and Juan helped me when I originally made the reservation. Both were professional and courteous.

Overall, I was happy with our stay and the property met our needs. Nothing fancy. Just a great rate and a clean room.

Room Tip: All inside access rooms. Numbers lower than 20 are further away from pool. No issues staying next...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1992tiger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hallway on the third floor reeked of smoke, especially since there were no air filtering machines or an a/c that was turned on. Some of the smoke would seep into the room once in awhile. The room was clean, but aging. The ceiling was yellowing, a couple of the furnishings were broken or inoperable. The sheets and pillow cases had small burn holes or stains on them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Recently booked a king room at this Quality Inn for 2 nts (although a little nervous based on previous reviews). I had some issues finding the hotel due to poorly printed directions, however Jessica was very helpful in steering me in the right direction when I called the desk. Upon arrival, Cheyenne and Jessica were both very pleasant and down to earth. I checked in and went to my room (201) which seemed clean enough, but the air condition unit was another story. After 15 mins of allowing the rattling unit to run but cause no change in the room temp, I decided it might be best to call the desk. Having worked in customer service jobs for many years, I usually try not to complain but I didn't want to take a chance of breaking the unit all together. The young ladies at the desk had no problem with switching me to another room down the hall. The pricing for the hotel was very reasonable, fairly quiet, no weird odors in my room or the halls, and the staff was friendly. I even ended up checking out early due to some unforeseen issues and Cheyenne was able to get my money refunded for the second night! (since I left after 6pm, I didn't expect a refund so this was a pleasant surprise).

Overall, I have no real complaints about this hotel. I will say though that the reviews that mentioned the bed pillows were right. They are small and VERY soft, so you have to use 2 or so just to get some support for sleeping.

If I were in the area again I would have no problem with booking another stay here.

Room Tip: Don't let the reviews of others always steer your booking decision. Sometimes they are on point...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Needed a late night room on our drive down to FLA and after our room in Smithfield, NC was unavailable due to a power outage. Found this room in Fayetteville, about 1/2 hour south...It was clean and right off 95...Bedding was on the older side and could be updated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here for six days while doing business in Fayetteville. Everything here was comfortable and convenient. The location is right on the interstate, a little far out of town but easy for travel in the other direction, and quiet. enough restaurants close by for variety on a long stay. I needed to change payment methods part way through my stay (billing to different clients.) They had to discuss how to do this for a few minutes, but then handled it with no problem.

Room Tip: Rooms on front (west) side get direct afternoon sun
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Clifton Springs, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we stayed here because it is centrally located to everything in Fayetteville. the staff is very friendly and helpful. the whole hotel was very clean. the pool was perfect. the free contental breakfast was good but they clean it up at 9 a.m. so you have to get up and going.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lori s
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I overnight in Fayetteville, NC when I am going from DC to Florida and back again. I have family in the area so it makes for a decent layover. I'm a member of Choice Hotels, so I try to stay in their chains to rack up points. I stayed Thursday night on my way down to Florida and again on Sunday night on my way back to DC.

Thursday night, I called the hotel to see what their rates were. After a rather confusing conversation with the front desk clerk it seemed to be my understanding that you could not reserve a room in advance if you were using any type of discount like AAA, military, etc. Luckily, the place appeared virtually empty when we showed up. We were given room 113, on the first floor near the lobby. Since no one was around we didn't hear any noise, but if this place were more crowded I would have avoided a room in that location. The room was visibly clean but you just know there are hidden dangers. Everything is just worn down and well past its prime. They really ought to make some upgrades, like ripping up that horrific carpet in the public areas that smell like they've been wet. I didn't sleep comfortably. I don't know why, but my BF seemed to sleep fine. We had a mediocre hotel breakfast, and the staff was relatively friendly.

Sunday night was a little more interesting. Again the place looked empty. Hardly any cars in the parking lot. The guy at the front desk seemed overly familiar. I want people to be friendly but he seemed... weird. When I walked through the front door he said, "I've never seen you here before." I didn't know how to respond to that. When I presented him my military ID, he said, "You're STILL in the military?" as if we had known each other for years. There was just something a little odd about his manner.

The public areas still smelled like everything was wet. This room (Room 133) was worse than the one we had on Thursday. It smelled like when a little kid pees in the bed. I should have asked for another room; I really don't know why I didn't. We checked the bed and couldn't find any visible urine stains, so we figured maybe it was in the carpet. I always bring flip-flops and never walk barefoot on other people's floors.

The room also had bugs--not roaches, but the type of bugs you usually find outdoors. There were a handful of spiders. I think the window had been left open because our room was backed up against the woods. There were spiderwebs everywhere. The bed seemed comfortable; I slept better than the last time but the pillows suck. They're small like pillows you put on a couch, not normal sized bed pillows. They're so soft that as soon as you put your head on them, you might as well just lay flat on the bed.

I used the fitness center, which is a total joke. One treadmill, one bike and one ellipitcal in a really hot room. I'm pretty sure I will need knee surgery after using that treadmill. Everything else was just blah. We skipped the breakfast.

Also, be careful not to leave valuables in the car. When we arrived there were some young adult/older teenagers in the pool. Later we discovered they were not hotel guests, because I saw them walk down the road towards some residences. They trashed the pool area and threw all the chairs and tables into the water. Obviously there is no hotel security or anybody concerned about what is going on outside the building. If kids can come up and destroy the place, of course they can come up and break into your car if an opportunity presented itself.

I don't know if I would stay here again. I was low on funds so that is why I was there. I think maybe next time I'll just sleep on my sister's couch and call it a night.

Room Tip: Rooms 120-135 (approximately) lead towards the pool. You might not like the noise and traffic if th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple