“Third time staying here!”

Wingate by Wyndham Fayetteville/Fort Bragg
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Third time staying here!”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The first time we stayed here was in 2008 and we had a very wonderful experience. It wasn't that the last two were particularly bad but just not as warm and inviting as the first time. The hotel is very clean and our room was pristine although the tub was quite worn which gave it the feel of being dirty. It needs some new caulking and it would improve the appearance 100%. Check in and out was a breeze. The front desk people were extremely pleasant. Breakfast was mediocre and both mornings we got there at 8:30 and nothing was replenished. I know it was 30 minutes before the end of breakfast but still breakfast time. As a woman with dietary restrictions, i would suggest that all hotels have an available supply of gluten free muffins or bread for those who can not eat the bread and muffins and bagels that are provided. The biggest con of the the two days was that on our last morning, we were showering and the maid is banging on our door at 9:15. We are yelling, "in the shower" and she is knocking away. I am not sure of this hotel but isn't it customary on check out morning to wait until the guests are gone before you start cleaning a room?? Other than that, it was a good experience and we would probably return in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enzalina
agmboozel, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not 100% satisfactory. Let me assure you that the problems you had during your stay were addressed with the appropriate departments. I hope you will stay with us in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. Petra K. Boozel Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Check in was a breeze. Entire staff very accomodating. Big thank you to the lady who serviced breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel just felt dirty. The room was outdated and the walls were thin - I heard my "neighbors" doors slam all night long. When I went downstairs to check out there was NO ONE behind the desk or anywhere to be found.at 6am (I know that's a bit early, but still). Bottom line, I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
agmboozel, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our Hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 910-826-9200.
Petra K. Boozel AGM
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2011

One of the nicest hotels we've stayed in - a welcome relief after spending the previous night at a real dive - the Comfort Inn Mayport Jacksonville, easily the worst hotel experience ever.
Wingate had a lovely entrance lobby, quite impressive. Rooms were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and very spacious. Great flat screen TV with lots of channels that made the kids very happy. Breakfast was good.
Can't tell you how happy we were with this hotel. You really appreciate it after a bad hotel experience. It was far off the I-95 but everyone agrees it was worth the trip.
Great Italian restaurant near it with the best service I've ever received.
All in all, a great experience.
Thank you Wingate!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Smithsburg, MD
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I reviewed this hotel before in October of 2007 and wanted to update my review. Again, the staff were all very pleasant and helpful, That hasn't changed. Neither has the fact that the rooms have coffee pots, micros, fridges. What has changed is some remodeling has taken place. What we also had this time was a flat screen tv, granite counter top in the bathroom, nice flooring in the bath, new attractive decor in the room The only thing that I kind of thought odd was the tub surround looked as though it had not been redone. Why after spending all that money on everything else would they not do that? At any rate, the bed was comfortable, the pillows nice and fluffy, the room quiet.
Breakfast is a free expanded continental with eggs, sausage or bacon depending on the day, assorted danish, waffle iron, bagels, etc. Satisfying topped off with a nice cup of coffee. The breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked the entire time breakfast was being served.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Beautiful interior decorating. Nice bed, bedding, bathroom, desk and flatscreen TV. Area appeared to be safe and was located within walking distance of several chain restaurants and one local brewpub. No huge complaints and I would stay there again. I would say that the biggest drawback is that while internet access is provided, it is wired. I would have been nice to be wireless and work from anywhere in the room as opposed to the desk.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stayed here while on a job interview. After staying a many different hotels for business and pleasure, I'd have to give this recently remodeled business hotel a 5 star experience. It is a very business friendly hotel, wireless service worked well in the room, cell phone signal excellent, business ameninties readily available in the lobby. Everything was renovated and brand new. Only thing missing was the couch, but that's because the new furniture was being delivered.
Bed is very comfortable, linens crisp and clean.
Downside is that surrounding restaurants aren't that great, however that is Fayetteville overall.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business