“Wonderful food, cozy atmosphere, quiet small town scenery, excellent service make a jewel in this rural setting.”
Review of The Sweezy House - CLOSED

The Sweezy House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 12, 2012

An antique home converted into a bakery and restaurant. The town is tiny with a feed store and cotton gin right down the street. Food is superb, prepared by trained chef/owner. Comfortable setting and wonderful classic American decor. Service is great. Recently added local wines and craft beers A must stop when traveling on Highway 18 between Shelby and Morganton NC.

Shelby, North Carolina
“Wonderful food and Service!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Took a friend from out of town and she was very impressed with the service, atmosphire and of course the Firecracker Shrimp! Thank you Sweezy House for being in the quaint town of Fallston!

• Visited November 2012
Cherryville, North Carolina
“Country dinning with an upscale feel and taste!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Sweezy house in the middle of no where and you would not expect it to be in the small town of Fallston. I have been here 3 times only because it is a little pricy and a 45 minute drive from my home. The setting is so nice and quaint. It is an old farm house that have each room set up into a dinning room. I absolutly loved the feel and the environment. The staff and individuals are so nice and warm. They treat you like family. Country living at it's finest. The first time I visited I had never had fried oysters before and my mother-in-law talked me into it. To this day I have NOT EVER had oysters as GREAT as the ones I had here. I have tried to order fried oysters at other establishments but NOTHING has compared to the Sweezy House. Along side with the great food, warm service, country feel they also have a bakery in the back that you can purchase cakes, rolls, and a numerous amount of items if you so wish. At Christmas I purchased some home made cinnomon rolls with there special dipping sauce. My husband and I have always wanted more of those. I am going to try and go back at Christmas and catch some more. There were only $3. And it was a hugh bag. I love this place. You will not regret going here for sure!

• Visited December 2011
Port Wentworth
“Great Home style Cooking”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

When my wife and I visited the Sweezy House it was on a Sunday and the place was hopping. The main course was great and the soup was outstanding (french onion). Now desert on the other hand was pittiful. We had the Carrot Cake and it was billed as homemade. It tasted like the cardboard box it came out of. So my only suggestion is that when you go here leave the Carrot Cake alone. Oh, did I mention that they have a waiter that sings opera?

Visited March 2012
north carolina
“Hometown but classy!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

They are located in an old home place which is very quaint but offer upscale meals at an affordable price.on Sundays they have lunch which is very fresh and delicious.highly recommend.

Visited July 2012