“Great Food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have eaten here several times now and have never been disappointed. The food is always good and so is the service. We will be returning.

PS: Try the Shrimp & Grits

• Visited July 2014

waynesboro
“Had a good experience, had a horrible experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have been here twice, once for a late lunch, once for their Friday night fish fry. Lunch was good, it was mid afternoon and the 2 of us were the only people there. The waitress we had was attentive without being hovering. I had a hot pastrami, or a Ruben, can't remember which, but it was very good. They use Lusty Monk mustard and give you a mountain of french fries. The roll was delicious. My husband had a burger that he really enjoyed, also accompanied by a mountain of fries. Our only negative would be that they use too much salt on the food we ordered.

Several weeks ago we went for the fish fry with a friend of ours. We sat down and the waitress immediately came over. My husband told her that the 3 of us wanted fish, she told him that "Maybe the ladies would like something else" and proceeded to tell us the specials. We had already told her that we did not need menus, but listened politely while she told us the specials. Then all 3 of us ordered the fish. It was all downhill from there.

We were seated at a booth. While she was telling us the specials she had her hands on the table beside me leaning in my face. Her dress was extremely inappropriate and all I could see were her giant breasts. Her dress honestly looked like she borrowed it from an eighth grader. I actually had to lean back in order to not have her bump into my face. Every time she bent over even slightly, like to clean a table, you could see everything. Amusing and sad all at the same time. We did hear a comment from another table that they did not realize they should have brought dollar bills with them to tip. In a family restaurant she just did not choose the right ensemble.

Our meals were delivered very fast, but dropped on the table in front of us Each of us had an enormous piece of fish with french fries and coleslaw. The meals were good, nothing extraordinary, but again way too much salt on the fries. She did keep our iced teas full, but with an attitude. We were never asked how our meals were, or if there was anything that we needed, she never said another word.

We finished our meals and were discussing dessert when our lovely waitress came by and literally slammed our bill on the table and huffed off. She just lost herself and her employer money. She really ruined our dinners with her attitude and honestly, none of us have any desire to go back. I would rather drive a little further and give my money to someone that appreciates our business.

To sum it up, lunch was really good, dinner was so so, and one person can really ruin a business.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank v v
raleigh, nc
“Neat place, service good, food so-so”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Local Joint was recommended, so we went for brunch on a Saturday. Service was fine, very friendly and polite. Neat atmosphere, attached to a gas station, but in North Carolina that is often some of the best. Outside seating in nice weather.
They got very busy all at once, so I think the food came out slow for that reason. Foodwise, some good, some not so good. I had the "corned beef " hash, but was mostly hash brown potatoes with a little corned beef mixed in. Not what I expected. Grits are good (Grits is good?), and we had an order of onion straws that was really good. I would go back and give them another try.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank bob p
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good option for great grits”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were looking for a good place for breakfast and found this restaurant at the gas station. A good choice.

Inspired: friendly folks

Service: very good

Atmosphere: inviting

Food and drink: very good

Return: yep

• Visited April 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Simply Delish!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here while visiting Asheville for a long weekend. Everything was wonderful....from the quaint atmosphere and outdoor patio to the friendly staff. The food was delicious (and local, hence the name The Local Joint) Very reasonably priced too. You won't be disappointed if you dine here.