“Terrible Food.”

Mountain Surf Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Ennice
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The service was excellent but the food was terrible. Since the restaurant has the word "seasfood" in it we thought we would order the seafood. Big mistake. I ordered the broiled seafood platter. It had small frozen shrimp, small so so oysters, mushy fish and okay scallops. My husband ordered the broiled catfish. One piece was tough and undercooked. All in all not very good. Maybe if we ordered everything deep fried we wouldn't have noticed their lack of freshness and quality. The salad bar was great. If there were to be a next time (which is never going happen) we would just order the salad bar.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

It's a small family-owned restaurant with a home town atmosphere and excellent food and service.

1  Thank Melesia T
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stumbled upon Mountain Surf while exploring the back roads around Galax. We asked our GPS for restaurants and this was close by. The parking lot was full on this Sunday evening, and we took that as a good sign. It was obviously a family/local crowd with friendly servers and quick service. Being from Savannah, I did not expect anything to rival our seafood, and frankly, it didn't. However, my catfish was excellent and the serving was so large I couldn't eat it all. The hushpuppies, which were made like funnel cakes in long 'ribbons' rather than 'balls,' were also excellent. My brother ordered salmon and my husband had a mixed platter. They said their seafood was good, not great, but enjoyable. We all agreed we would go there again if we had the chance. The prices were reasonable; the decor was very casual. The vast majority of our fellow diners were in jeans and casual tops, and seemed to be enjoying their family time together.

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This restaurant is off the beaten path, but more than worth the trip. Mountain Surf is heavily frequented by the locals in the area. Everyone was friendly and pleasant. The restaurant was exceptionally clean and the prices can't be beat. Even though the name indicates seafood, the menu is full of other options if you aren't a seafood lover. We had the small seafood platter (don't get the large unless you are a REALLY big eater), and the portions were big. I got flounder, shrimp and clam strips with a baked potatoe and salad for $11.50. They bring fresh hushpuppies to your table constantly and they keep a tea or water pitcher on your table so you are never without a drink. Service was quick and friendly. The salad bar was well stocked. The biggest surprise was the homemade dessert. I had one of the best pieces of coconut cream pie that I have had in years -- for $1.99!! Haven't seen anything that cheap in many years. All in all, a fabulous find. If you are in the area don't miss this gem!

6  Thank cliffy31