All reviewsstately homegreat bedcozy bearnext morningthe outer banksdelicious courseswayneaccommodations
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I were about two weeks away from our anniversary when we realized we hadn't planned a thing. Livingsocial happened to be running a deal for about half off at Bellamy, so we snapped that up and immediately spoke with Suzanne to reserve the Chinoiserie room for July 30th-August 1st.
The neighborhood surrounding the Manor was likely once beautiful, but now run down. The Manor stands out as a beacon of hope for the town of Enfield -- a gorgeous plantation-style home with beautiful red doors and fantastically low-maintenance landscaping. The front porch has a few pastel rocking chairs to enjoy, while the second level veranda had wicker rockers and a lovely view of the garden.
Suzanne is so lovely and so welcoming! Right away we were made to feel at home. Our room was Asian inspired and gorgeous. I don't think I've ever slept in a more comfortable bed. As a matter of fact, I was so comfortable that I skipped breakfast the first morning and wasn't moving around until about noon. Suzanne took pity on me and whipped up some greek yogurt with honey and strawberries, some orange juice, and coffee. It was all great, as was breakfast the next day (that I actually got up for!).
The entire house is gorgeous and livable -- you don't feel like you have to walk on eggshells.
Make sure to play with Cozy Bear, their beautiful and friendly golden retriever.
Definitely worth the trip!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

What can I say? Bellamy's owners/hosts are like long-lost relatives, who are so happy to see you, they welcome you to their home, offer recommendations on things to do in the area, join you for breakfast, and even include you in their dinner plans! My husband and I haven't been able to travel together, due to the economy, but are so happy we could squeeze in a vacation together, and especially that we started our vacation here - it was such a refreshing stop on our way to Charleston. We went to Old Halifax and the Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park (the only one like it in the world) on Saturday - neither are to be missed. We will not forget the lovely red room (our suite), the gorgeous porches, the inviting reading room, delicious and hearty breakfasts, and incredible hospitality of Wayne and Suzann. Lovely all the way around!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We spent the most wonderful long weekend at Bellamy. There was not one detail that had not been thought out. The service and food was extraordinary. Our room was beautiful, comfortable and charming but with every modern necessity. The bathroom was so beautiful I wanted to take it home! The hosts are without a doubt born to do this. They arranged for an in room massage for myself and another guest. Made sure we had every need met. Planned or suggested great activities. Home away from home.....We will go back and often.

Room Tip: Just ask.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Sequestered in a slightly remote location where technology and the hectic pace of everyday life seems to be almost forgotten sits this wonderful bed and breakfast. My wife and I needed a place to nourish our souls with fresh clean air and mild exercise….we found the city of Enfield, NC and most importantly, Bellamy Manor. The breakfast that became a brunch and kept one satisfied till supper was supplied daily with a warm smile and lively conversation. The town was beautiful and reminiscent of small towns featured on the Hallmark channel. My wife and rode our bikes to the scenic Medoc Mountain State Park which we then turned around and headed back to by car the next day to enjoy hiking the moderate trails the park had to offer. Highly recommend Bellamy Manor to anyone looking for a reprieve from the hustle and bustle of life to luxuriate in the pleasures of simplicity!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

What a restorative visit I had into this inviting, interesting world!
Just 3-1/2 hours south of Baltimore, (2-1/2 south of Washington, DC) right off I-95, Bellamy Manor is a great escape from urban life.
The elegant, but somehow casual house, approached by a long, circular driveway, is tucked in the quirky town of Enfield, NC, close to the Virginia border. Part of the fun of the place is checking out the historic properties (including real estate deals). There are peanut and cotton farms dotting the landscape, as well as antique shops and several nearby towns of a bygone era. Suzann and Wayne themselves are natural hosts, one a northerner and one a southerner, who know alot, are great conversationalists and have eclectic interests. They lovingly restored this house themselves. They had time to give me a tour of some local highlights, so I got to hear some of the fascinating tales of the region.
The house itself has large outdoor porches in front and in back of the house, upstairs and downstairs, with acres of relaxing lawns and gardens on both sides to gaze on and wander through. There are lots of newly furnished rooms and sitting areas inside, most with huge windows. The huge bathrooms are dream designs.
It's an inspiring place to go for writing, reading, drawing, and would make a magical spot for a smaller event or company conference too. The Andersons host lovely parties. If driving down the 95 corridor, I'd make it a point to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo