“Love the Shrimp”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at Rucker's many times, and usually just have the fried shrimp - a Rucker John's speciality. Pleasant environment, fine service, and nice menu variety; however you must try the SHRIMP!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Have gone to Rucker Johns for years. Getting too pricey for what you get. The food is not as good . Remodel ok, nothing special.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

For over 20 years, Rucker John’s has been a ‘given’ on our list of restaurants to visit during our week-long visit, but the past few years the quality seems to have declined. The wonderful honey butter croissants are still a favorite, but the salads seem to have shrunk. The seafood is good, just not amazing any more. Worst of all is the water. It was always bad, like it can be on the island, but for several years they must have installed a filter. No more, it’s awful. At least they didn’t try to force a donation towards clean water for a third world country this year—-don’t get me wrong, we usually donate to that cause because it’s a good one, but they might want to invest in a filter first.

1  Thank dawnl188
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Rucker Johns during our beach trip. The restaurant looks to have been recently renovated and looks pretty posh. You wouldn’t expect it from the outside. I imagine it would be a nice place for a slightly upscale dinner. The food is pretty good. They have a large menu so there is something for everyone. My group had the fish sandwich, shrimp and grits, and steak salad. The fish sandwich was especially good. The meal portions were very large and there are great side dish options. The broccoli and the mashed sweet potatoes were excellent.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

My grandloves and I ended our busy day with dinner at Rucker Johns!! It was a great meal that included the second best crab cakes I've had (my Mom's were first). The kids had chicken tenders and ate every bite. Dessert was the apple crisp and warm brownie sundaes.
Our server was so nice and fast!!
We left happy....and full!