“Fajitas Hawaiianas”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Good food, good salsa and chips. Temperatures of food could have been a little better. Service was good for a party of 8.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Great for reasonably priced and fresh Mexican food. Good service and not too busy. Nice done home sort of place to chill out.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I have been a practicing Zen Buddhist for seventeen years. I faithfully meditate and practice yoga each morning in my pebble garden. However, after visiting this restaurant, the quote which I have often studied “focus not on what is painful, but on what brings pleasure to you and society” has become meaningless. It simply does not apply in situations of such enormous “pain.” I am sad to say that my visit to El Zarape dismembered my faith. The service was so bad that I have lost the ability to trust in my ingrained, Siddhartha-inspired value structure. We ordered vegetarian dishes at El Zarape, we were good Buddhists then, and the waiter proceeded to deliver tasteless tubes of purely processed meat. These were only brought to us after twenty minutes of waiting, during which we asked for utensils three times and attempted to have our drinks refilled twice. When asking for a new dish, because of the presence of capitalist-americana flesh on our plates, the waiter proceeded to accuse us of delivering our orders incorrectly and refused to apologize. Our food then took another thirteen minutes to manifest, in new vegetarian form, on the table. Only then we realized we had 2/3 of the utensils needed and no water. We failed to acquire any of these necessary tools of consumption for the remainder of the meal. Our waiter did not return to the table and other staff told us to wait. The agony of this highly mediocre, late, and spiced with garbage service meal led to my falling out with the Buddha. Had I not gone to this restaurant I would have succeeded in gaining enlightenment, in becoming a bodhisattva. However, the fact that the service was so bad, that humanity could be so rude and so bad at providing utensils, that I could have such a terrible experience at a small Mexican restaurant by the sea has made me doubt all my presuppositions about the human mind. I have fallen into deep deep depression, and I see now that had I not visited El Zarape my life could have been led in a pure and natural way, with true sagacity. I plead with you, do not visit El Zarape.

Reviewed May 11, 2018

We ate here last year and figured May 5th may be too crowded 'cause the food then was soooo good. They did not disappoint the day after. I ordered something that was served in a cut-out pineapple and it was delicious! I was a little disappointed in the margaritas though. I am not a big drinker so I can usually tell if they're "overdone" or not. This one did not seem to have very much tequila in it at all, but if you want Shirley Temple margarita it was good for that. I'd still give this place high marks for the quality of their food and the amount of choices on their menu.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

We had dinner here on a Saturday evening an there was no waiting for a table, as the beach season continues restaurants in the area become much more crowded. We ordered a couple different dishes which we shared, service was quick and the food was good. We will eat here again and recommend El Zarape for a break in the seafood main menus at the beach restaurants.