“Didn’t live up to expectations”

Jackie's American Grill
Ranked #14 of 46 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a Friday night. The service was fine but the food was mediocre at best. My husband ordered the chicken and we were surprised the piece of was on the plate. It came with grilled asparagus which was tasty. I had a garden salad with grilled chicken. The chicken was way overcooked. We also ordered the coconut shrimp as an appetizer and it too was overcooked. The mango sauce that came with it though was very good. This one is not worth a second visit.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (169)

Reviewed August 24, 2019

The food was great, lots of choices for everyone. We had salad, pizza, fish, and burgers. Friendly staff and seating for small and large groups, did not have a wait when we arrived.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Oh boy, what a night! First of all, we waited about 15 minutes for anyone to wait on us. When a wait staff noticed we hadn’t had service yet, she kindly stepped in. She was delightful, so we were encouraged that this was just an oversight, no big deal. But the food was really bad! The chicken was rubbery and pretty tasteless. Save your money, avoid this one!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I ate there on the 2nd day of our beach trip, as our "nice" restaurant. The place was airy and attractive, though not huge, and there was a nice option to eat outside on the patio as well. The host was pleasant, and the waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable. Prices on the island are higher for everything, but still, the menu costs took me by surprise, so I ordered one of the cheapest items, the Emerald Fish and Chips. And. Wow. It was the best thing I'd ever eaten. Flaky heaven. And the house-made tartar sauce on the side was so good it could have a review on its own. (And I normally don't like or use tartar sauce.) For those here complaining about the water, I have to add: that is the island water, nothing wrong with it, many of the restaurants there serve it, it's just the minerals taste different near an ocean. It didn't bother me, but if you are sensitive to it, tea or soda mask it quite well. I give Jackie's 4 stars, 5 if it weren't a little pricey.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

The food and service are great. Note that Jackie's is one of the more expensive places to eat in Emerald Isle. I had the filet with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes and it was wonderful. Outdoor seating is available, but we chose to sit inside. I personally would not go without a collared shirt, but other diners seemed to say that dress is beach casual to anything goes.

Date of visit: July 2019