“So good!”

Jackie's American Grill
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were just driving through Emerald Isle and came across Jackie's Grill. My husband and I both loved our lunches! I had a breakfast croissant with mac n' cheese as my side. It was made with white cheddar and was amazing. My husband had one of their burgers and said it was the best he had ever had.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

As frequent visitors to Emerald Isle for the past 30 years and enjoying dinners out, as we stated this is definitely the first restaurant made just for Anorexia's! Portions small and not worth the money!

Let's start with the menu; Very confusing, had to ask the waiter to explain many of the items...First of all, what are "Jag Fries" .... after trying them... something different, but should have been served HOT. Secondly what are "Toasties"... again an explanation was needed. And what is "Jag"? Used often as a food description.

They call it an "American Bar & Grill"... The only thing relating to the "American Grill" was the Hamburger... and where were the Chicken Wings?... the only thing close that was offered was pork shanks and they called it Wings... Goat cheese was an ingredient in many of the selections.. how is that American?... And the only bar we saw was a 10 stool at the restaurant entrance.

As we mentioned the menu needed more explanation... Let's look at the salads.. should they spell it out that the salads portions should have been labels "side salads" small and stingy in portions. The "Jag Wedge" .. described with butter lettuce, avocado, tomato, bacon.. well to our surprise we barely could fine the 2 pieces of butter lettuce, the 1 grape tomato cut in half, couldn't find the piece of avocado and the smoked bacon pieces were so overwhelming that we had to pick them out before we gaged, that was all for $8.00. Now the Chicken salad for $11 was tasteless and mushy, and of course... a dollop on the plate. We left hungry and dissatisfied.

A Good thing for the restaurant owners...they must save $$ on take out boxes, because there won't be left overs or there is nothing worth taking home. Will NOT return!

7  Thank kathykabl
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have been there a couple times on dinner dates. I don't mind spending a lil extra for a meal if we know it's going to be something memorable. I was looking forward to this being a favorite place, but it's the very opposite. The jag fries were good and interesting. But, I've always waited a long time for food. The portions are a little stingy for the price. I can get over that. I can't get over the high mixed drink and beer price, come on, it's the beach. The interior is blah, loud, and not comfortable. Do not get the lobster roll. And the way over cooked burger we had tasted like it was cooked on a dirty grill and/or rolled in an ash tray. The scallops were good and so was the Cajun pasta. But the lousy service, very long wait for food (as we watched others who were there later eat and leave way before us) and the awful stomach ache afterward will assure I will not be a regular patron. I really wish this place was more of a lot of things.

4  Thank B B
Reviewed May 20, 2014

If you are in Emerald Isle NC don't miss this place. The food is out of this world. We went to several others first and were not impressed. After we ate at Jackie's we never bothered to go anywhere else for the rest of the week we were there. Friendly staff and great service on top of delicious food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Portofino's has been replaced by Jackie's American Grill. It opened 4/18/14. It's still run by the same Ayer family members -Ryan and his wife Jackie. Overall the food and service were okay. Prices on the high side and portions on the low side. We didn't have the hamburgers but they may have been a better choice. Had the chicken and lobster roll. It's decorated in very dark colors and dark concrete- not beach decor.

1  Thank Foodie499653