“Good food”

Add it.
Emerald Grill
Ranked #27 of 42 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Reviewed June 12, 2013

food was great, service was pretty good seating is somewhat limited but they were able to accommodate 11 of us

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Chances are, if you come here during tourist season you are going to have to wait. Possibly for a while, depending on the time of year, time of day, and number of people in your party. That is just the nature of the beast. ANY place worth eating at will have a wait during mealtimes in the summer. But if you can manage to contain your excitement and not starve to death for the 5-35 minutes it will take them to seat you, you will be taken care of. The service is good, the staff are sweet, and the food. Lemme just say, THE FOOD. Now, I've gotten stuff off of the lunch menu a few times, and while it was good, I wasn't overwhelmed. Which is why I suggest that you stick to the breakfast menu, which is consistently and overwhelmingly good. The french toast is spectacular. I've never had anything like it. The rest of the breakfast menu is great too, but I have a hard time ordering anything but the french toast. Even during the summer my friends and I make a point to to brunch there at least once a month. If you've ever been a local in a tourist destination, you know just how much that says about the place. Bottom line: have realistic expectations about the service, and prepare to have your standards for breakfast raised. Emerald Grill is worth the wait.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

When we first arrived we stood there for 5 mins waiting on someone to seat us. The restaurant wasn't even busy. I ordered a sandwich that came with Emerald sauce and when I asked what it was the waitress said its like barbecue. When I got my plate it was a white sauce that was tangy and gross. The waitress was rude and didn't even refill our drinks. However the breakfast may be good, but I won't be returning to find out.

1  Thank Savannahnashay
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A favorite for all meals, breakfast is by far my favorite! Get the happy happy or the veggie omelet! Delish!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

After coming to E.I. for over 30 yrs, this is one of my family and I's favorite places to grab breakfast or lunch. This service is always friendly and much quicker than some of its competitors. The owners love what they do and it shows! They make an awesome french toast, and have some great sandwiches to choose from too. I haven't had any of their main entrees yet, but they look tasty. They have a unique beachy decor, with lots of big windows, and table space. They even have a casual bar with several flat screens.

1  Thank lesley g