“A Quaint Comfortable Older Beach House- Great...”

Review of Surf Royal

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AnneC57
Lebanon, Virginia
“A Quaint Comfortable Older Beach House- Great Time!”
Reviewed September 1, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

First of all the proximity to the beach is the best we have had at Emerald Isle. Literally steps from the beach with no high sand dune to cross over. The house is much more spacious than appears in pictures. The front porch is wider than expected with a deck that extends out to an area that is great for outdoor grilling and watching the ocean at night. Although the deck is old and could be replaced we enjoyed it. The thing to remember is that if you are looking for modern and plush then look on as this is not the place. Upon arrival we found the house to be clean, comfortable and functional. It has the feel of the old 70's cottages that I so loved growing up. We had 5 adults, 4 children and 2 dogs and had plenty of room. The kids loved it. Close enough to stores, restaurants and activities but it was difficult to leave that beach so close to the house. Yes it could use many updates, but if made I would stick with the old cottage charm if remodeling. The owner is sitting on a gold mine with this property so close to the beach. If updated could be rented for much higher price. But we enjoyed Surf Royal as it is. Brought back great memories for me. Emerald Isle Reality is top rate.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location- right on the beach
Liked least: Shared washer and dryer- would be nice if it was located upstairs in the house
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed June 15, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed August 17, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Hillsborough
Reviewed April 10, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Apr 10, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at Surf Royal. It pleases me to know that you found Emerald Isle Realty's services to be of excellent standards and we look forward to your next stay with us. I am sorry to hear of your disappointments with this home and have passed your feedback on to our refurbishment team. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next Emerald Isle vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Va. 24572
Reviewed April 25, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Apr 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and continued loyalty. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay so much and plan to return next year. Please call us if we can provide further assistance in planning your next Emerald Isle vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed October 4, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Oct 4, 2012
I'm so happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your Emerald Isle vacation and hope you will revisit soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
Greensboro N.C.
Reviewed November 2, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 45-54
Nov 2, 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Surf Royal. It pleases me to know that you have found your home away from home and that it fits your needs and desires so well. If you haven't already, please call us to make reservations for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing