“Good monthly, pet friendly rental.”

Review of Turtle Reef

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mustloved...
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Would not rent this home again.”
Reviewed July 22, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This home was average. The pool was small, but nice. The house was close to the beach. By far, the biggest turn-off was that the owner stopped by multiple times during the week, always unannounced. This really ruined the relaxation ambiance of our vacation and since the whole point of a vacation is to 'get away', I was left feeling cheated.

Pros:
Emerald Isle Realty's online booking was easy to use.
Home was close to the beach.
Home was within walking distance to jogging/bike paths, grocery, shopping and entertainment.
Pool was well maintained.
Neighbors were quiet.
Check-out was easy.

Cons:
Owner showed up to check on the property, unannounced and multiple times. Creepy!
Dishes had to be washed before using.
House overall could have been a lot cleaner.
Master bedroom did not have a connected bathroom, instead used the one in the hall: Since this was the only bathroom on the main floor, everyone in the house used that bathroom all day.
Kitchen was poorly stocked. We cook a lot and so this was disappointing: (Couldn't find a whisk that wasn't falling apart, very few serving dishes, etc.) Ended up having to buy dishwasher detergent and rinse aid because dishwasher would not dry dishes without it. I mean, really? You couldn't provide that stuff? Some dishes were so large,they had to be hand washed so we had to buy dish soap too. There was nothing to clean with in the house, no soap, no cleaning spray, etc.
Check-in was confusing: We were told to return at a later time and when we did, home still wasn't ready.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of the home was great.
Liked least: Owner's presence was a complete turn-off.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Sep 11, 2015
Thank you for your review of your stay at Turtle Reef. The owner of this home does service the pool which is why he was there during your stay. The pool was cleaned mid-week and during that cleaning it was found that some maintenance was required so he returned the following day to take care of that. I am sorry that you were not informed that he would be coming to do this work. We do strive to maintain excellent communication with our guests, but often choose not to disturb you when entrance to the home isn't necessary.

Any time you are staying in an Emerald Isle Realty property, please let us know of needed items like the kitchen items you mentioned or if the property is cleaned to your satisfaction. Our housekeeping department will gladly send another crew to the home to clean it again. We are also happy to provide any needed items. As for the detergents and cleaning supplies, these items are provided by guests along with paper products.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will vacation in Emerald Isle again.
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Sep 11, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. I am sorry to hear of the disappointments you encountered during your stay. July 4th is such a fun time in Emerald Isle, but a busy one. I am very sorry that your needs were not met in a more timely fashion. I have submitted your comments to our housekeeping department so steps can be taken to more quickly address and resolve needs like additional linens. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will revisit Emerald Isle for future vacations.
Alicew526
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Good monthly, pet friendly rental.”
Reviewed October 29, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Good 2nd row beach house. Beach access right across from house.Good ocean views from 2nd and 3rd level. And pet friendly! We rented this house for all the above reasons. Owners were very friendly and attentive to any problems we had during our stay. This house had only basic Dish network, maybe 10 channels. However owners were very kind in adding extended channels,(not premiums) for our monthly stay. Since I requested this addition, I felt like I needed to pay for it, so I did. Great location on beach- close to everything we wanted to do. I would definitely rent this place again.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed September 29, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
NC
Reviewed November 22, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

NC
Reviewed October 9, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

VA
Reviewed August 7, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing