“Awesome as usual!!!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
andreahG5...
“It was...okay”
Reviewed June 19, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This was my second stay with Emerald Isle Realty, first time in this property. I'll start with the positive things:. The view is fantastic, we saw dolphins almost every morning;. The location on the island is wonderful, not too close to the boardwalk (gets a little trashy down there) and very close to shopping. Public beach access was a couple houses down but it didn't seem to be used a lot; there is a washer and dryer downstairs;. Kitchen was well stocked for a vacation home; decks are brand new and very nice; love the laminate floors. The negatives: stairs, stairs, stairs! It's a raised house of course, with a reverse floor plan (one bedroom upstairs), and it's several flights down to the beach; the condition of the interior was frumpy and it looked like an amateur handyman had done most of the work; the LR seating was some of the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on and it wasn't clean; and last but not least the water reeks of sulfur. According to the local water companies website, it's a problem with the house, not the water. Not sure if that's true or not but something really needs to be done about it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Families with young children
People with pets
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dunescrest West. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed the location and views that this home boasts. As you mentioned, the two levels of Dunescrest West are accessed by steps. There are twenty steps leading to the entrance/first level and eighteen steps from the first level to the second level. As for the water, the water company has taken steps to improve the taste quality, but it has been my experience that it can be an acquired taste.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in 2017!
Reviewed June 10, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 11, 2017
Thank you for your review. I agree that the view from Dunescrest West is wonderful, and it is true that the view gets better and better as you go higher. We look forward to having you again as our guest.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Aug 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dunescrest West. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in this home and have requested that our maintenance department inspect the windows. Unfortunately, due to our location, internet can be intermittent at times. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time on the beaches of Emerald Isle and will return for your next vacation. Please call us if we can assist in your planning - 1-888-832-0140.
LA
Reviewed November 6, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Elizabeth PA
Reviewed September 7, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

South Boston
Reviewed May 24, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Older travelers
May 24, 2013
I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Dunescrest West. The reverse floor plan is ideal for enjoying panoramic views and I hope you did just that. Our vacation planners are available to plan your next vacation so please call us at 1-888-832-0140.
Raleigh NC
Reviewed May 16, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dunescrest West. I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues due to work being done at this duplex. We do strive to alert guests if such things will be going on and do whatever we are able to ensure your enjoyment isn't disrupted.

I understand that the owner of this duplex did contact you and your family directly and provided dinner for the trouble. Certainly, our Guest Services team is happy to assist you in a situation like this and we encourage that you call and speak with one of them during your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. I have passed your comments on to our Homeowner Services team as well as to our Director of Guest Services. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and allow Emerald Isle Realty another opportunity to serve as your host. Please call us if we can assist in planning your next Crystal Coast vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing