“Great Stay”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chad C
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We stayed at Dunescrest East over the 4th of July 2012. We really enjoyed our stay. The house was clean and there was enough room for everyone to spread out (two families with 4 adults and 5 children). Our first full day the owner even called to check in which was a very nice touch. My wife was concerned with bugs and I am happy to say we did not see any! The beach was so close and was perfect. The two level deck was great and had plenty of seating including a nice outdoor couch in the shade. Reading some past reviews...if you are expecting perfection this may not be the place for you. There are little things...the beds facing the ocean could be bigger, when someone walks upstairs you can hear it below, some of the dishes and silverware have hard water stains, etc.. but overall we felt it was a great place and would stay again.

Be advised that they have to throw away all paper products when they clean it...meaning no toilet paper, napkins, etc.when you walk in. We would have liked to know that going in. Emerald Isle Realty check in was very simple...they checked up on us to make sure we were happy as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Closeness to beach
Liked least: Would have liked a bathoom in the Oceanside rooms.
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dunescrest East. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your vacation and I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
Midland GA
Reviewed September 21, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Your age range 45-54
Sep 21, 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dunescrest East. I agree that the location of this home is wonderful. It pleases me to know that you and your family found this duplex to accommodate you nicely, except for the stairs.

I have forwarded your review to the owner of this duplex. Thank you for being so thorough and detailed. Please call us when you begin planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Western part of NC
Reviewed July 31, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 65+
Pickerington Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check in / front desk
Liked best: Oceanfront, quiet, basically private beach, linen service
Liked least: stairs
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Jul 20, 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dunescrest East. It pleases me to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at this duplex so much. As you mentioned, the location is great as you have a wide beach with little to no crowd. This duplex is on the Western most side of Bogue Banks, very convenient to Swansboro and shopping right in Emerald Isle.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will return to the Crystal Coast and allow Emerald Isle Realty the opportunity to host you and your family again. Please call us when you begin planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed June 15, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Your age range 55-64
MD
Reviewed December 9, 2010 for a stay in November 2010

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Dec 9, 2010
I am sorry to hear that when your family arrived at Dunescrest East they were disappointed in the level of cleanliness throughout the home. We certainly don’t expect any guest to have to clean a property when they arrive and we gladly would have taken care of this if you would have let us know. We are more than willing to send a cleaning crew out to any property, even after hours, to clean more efficiently when a guest is dissatisfied with the initial cleaning which was done.

I’m sorry that your family didn’t have enough blankets. Each bed within a property is supposed to have a comforter/bedspread. Also, you should find an extra blanket in each closet. We do have extra blankets at our office so we can provide additional blankets when needed. I’m not clear on why you had to rent two more nights at the other beach house due to lack of blankets. As for laundering comforters and bedspreads, we do this when needed. Because there is only a six hour window between check out at 10:00 a.m. and check in at 4:00 p.m., we don’t have time to launder these items between the departure of one guest and arrival of another. Beyond that, most of these items have to be dry cleaned and normally it takes 5 to 7 days to have this done and the blankets returned to us. If ever again you feel that your bedspread/comforter is dirty, let us know and we will exchange them for loaner blankets from our office for your use during your stay. I’m sorry that you had to call our office twice to report and inquire about the oven. I am happy that we were able to repair it in a timely manner for you and your family. You just never know when an appliance is going to stop working. Thankfully, it wasn’t on Thanksgiving day! The cushions for the outdoor furniture were taken by the owner so they can be reupholstered. I’m sorry that they were not available for your stay and that no one made you aware of the situation. I have notified our maintenance department about the railings so they can be tightened and repaired where needed. We have contacted an exterminator who is going to the property to assess and handle any pest issues which may be present.

Both our maintenance and housekeeping departments are proactive in handling situations such as these when they arise. Please give us a call anytime you find something that isn’t up to your standards. We are happy to come out and take care of maintenance and housekeeping issues so they are addressed and resolved for you and don’t mar your stay with us.
North Carolina (Asheville)
Reviewed September 23, 2010 for a stay in September 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: Comfort and view. Also well equipped with all home appliances
Liked least: steps
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing