“Restful stay”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

wowzii
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Do not stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We are writing this review to warn others not to rent this unit. It is filthy. We have had two cockroaches in the master bedroom. Ants are in the kitchen. Overall the place is just not clean or updated. The carpets are dirty and worn. Evidently the owners of this unit simply are either unaware of its condition or simply do not care. The proximity to the beach is phenomenal. This unit is simply a cash cow for the owners. We have stayed in many Oceanfront units and can say this is the worst one. We got a "discount" and got it for $2,500 for the week. We overpaid for the value of the unit. The rental company has been very responsive. This unit did not even have an iron or ironing board in it.

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your vacation this year. It does, however, please me to know that we were quick to respond to any requests you made during your stay. Had we known you were not pleased with the cleanliness of the duplex, we gladly would have sent someone to clean more effectively, and we could have contacted the owner to get permission to clean the carpets. I did reach out to the guests who are staying this week at Dolphin Watch West to see if they are having concerns similar to yours. Thankfully, they are not.

Ants and palmetto bugs, often mistaken for roaches, are prevalent in our area due to our dense vegetation. For this reason, we do ask our guests to keep any food items closed, and if possible in air tight containers to prevent from attracting bugs. Still, I have forwarded your comments on to our homeowner division as well as to our housekeeping staff so Dolphin Watch West can be thoroughly checked by us and the owner.
TN
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Aug 2, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dolphin Watch West. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed a restful vacation at this duplex and I hope you will revisit soon. Thank you also for your suggestions of replacements. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
New Bern
Reviewed June 8, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Jun 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dolphin Watch West. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed the beautiful beaches in Emerald Isle, but I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with this duplex.

I don't see that you called our office to report any issues during your stay. Please let us know of your disappointments as you experience them so we can work to remedy these things for you. Our housekeeping department does guarantee their work so should you arrive to a property and find that the cleanliness isn't to your standards, please let us know. We'll happily send another crew of housekeepers to the property to clean more efficiently.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and allow Emerald Isle Realty another opportunity to serve as your host. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed August 24, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
AL
Reviewed July 13, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
NY
Reviewed July 6, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 65+
Jul 6, 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dolphin Watch West. The smoke we experienced this Summer was an unpleasant thing and I'm thankful that the fire has been contained and our area alleviated of this.

The bunk room does have two sets of bunk beds situated within it so there isn't a lot of additional room for activities other than sleeping in this room.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and allow Emerald Isle Realty to host you. Please call us when you begin planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
WV
Reviewed September 23, 2009 for a stay in September 2009

Sep 23, 2009
Thank you, for your review. I’m so sorry that you had some maintenance issues during your stay. Please remember to report all issues to our maintenance department at the time that you noticed them so that we have the opportunity to correct them for you and your family while you are here.
All of the upstairs locks have been replaced. Due to the salt air and sand blowing around most of our ocean front doors have an alternate locking mechanism. The dining room and living room sliding glass doors (like many of our homes) have a rod to secure the door which is more secure than a lock. There are now remotes for every room! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing