“Do not stay in C-203” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pebble Beach Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emerald Isle
Pebble Beach Condominiums
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Do not stay in C-203”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

I've been coming to EI and Pebble Beach for the last 15 years. This place has really gone down hill. The condos are, for the most part, outdated and the exterior of the building is really showing wear. This year we stayed in C-203 and aside from being dirty (carpeting was atrocious) and dated, everything in the unit was of the cheapest quality imaginable. Another reviewer complained of bedding. The queen bed in this unit was so cheap, we couldn' t sleep on it. We both barely slept the first night only to awaken with back aches. We spent the rest of the week sleeping on the sofa and loveseat (not at all ideal!). The kitchen was so poorly equipped, which we were not expecting as all the others we stayed in, over the years, at PB were always sufficient. It is fun to go out to dinner but I don't want to eat everv meal out! The kitchen had 4 dinner forks (there were 6 of us in the unit) and the rest were little dessert forks. Bowls for 4 people, etc. etc. No steamer pot for the abundance of shrimp available. Not 1 large bowl for salad etc. The TOASTER didn't work (for goodness sake, they can be had for $10) and there was no IRON. (That was a first for us at PB) The washer and dryer were the cheapest quality imaginable and required that we dry each load TWICE!! What a waste of energy and time. We cut our trip short because of this unit - mostly because we couldn't sleep in the beds, and will not return to Pebble Beach again. After 15 years of family vacations at Pebble Beach, this trip was our last. The complex as a whole is in a state of degradation and I refuse to spend good money here!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Sax B
BluewaterNC, Manager at Pebble Beach Condominiums, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
We noticed that you rated one of the properties we manage at Pebble Beach after your recent stay. We were very disappointed to hear that your trip did not meet and even exceed your expectations. Our ultimate goal is to ensure you and your family have a wonderful time at the beach. We sincerely apologize for the problems you mentioned. We do have inspectors that check these properties. Our goal is to maintain your business and ensure that you do not have a repeat performance with us.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Elyria,Ohio,USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

Pebble beach condo resort is very nice and complex is ideal for families but NOT THIS CONDO. It was the worst condo I have rented in 10 years. The carpet was supposed to be rose colored but it was Black with dirt and stained. I usually try to take off my shoes at beach condo but Couldn't do that here. Furniture probably was very cute at one time but badly stained. Shower curtain had Mold 1/3 of the way up and shower fixtures were corroded. No remote for the only T.V. in unit. The rental agent- bluewater did send a inspector and got the carpets cleaned for us, replaced shower head, shower curtain and got us a remote. Who wants to go though that when you were supposed to be relaxing. My daughters condo in another building was fine. Beach wear but at least livable.
it is a shame as I said the complex is very nice but I don't know if I would go again as there seems to be no standards and I don't want to go though this next year. We vacation in condos all over states and even in St. Lucia and never had a place this bad.
I tried to contact owner but have had no luck finding a e mail or phone number. Guess he wouldn't want to hear all the complaints!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank durancat

Travelers are raving about these Emerald Isle hotels

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Having never visited E. I., I was stressing about the condo rental and whether or not my teenage daugher and her BFF would have a good time. Our condo turned out to be one of the nicest on the beach. It was very clean, spacious, and had every amenity we needed for the week. After dinner each evening, the girls hung out at the pool and gazebo and had a good time meeting new people. I would highly recommend Pebble Beach. The only thing I would change is the check-out procedure. Guests should be able to leave keys, parking pass, etc. with guard at the front gate or have a drop box available. It was a hassle to drive back to the realtor just to drop off the keys.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Carol60893
Cary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

My friends and I loved this brightly decorated condo. The beds were comfortable and we loved the second floor location. Not to many steps to climb, but high enough for a nice view. This complex is close to Swansboro and Beaufort, for history & shopping!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank Cary101Cary
Mount Kisco NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

My teenagers, husband and I stayed at Pepple Beach D307 in July and just loved everything about the condo! It was clean and beautifully decorated, hats off to the decorator! The condo had high quality furnishings thoughout, none of that cheap wicker or Ikea stuff you usually find. It was completely updated, with Plasma TV's in the Family room and two out of three of the bedrooms, had no trouble linking on to computers and the stereo system was top notch and even easy to use (thank God). The kitchen was completely redone, not like most kitchens in Pebble Beach all closed in, they removed the large cabinets that over hang the island area and blocked your view from the family room or outside windows and added a air vent over the stove, great idea, it made it like a great room feel, very nice. There were also these shell mirrors and decorative shell items thoughout the condo that I was told the home owner makes, beautiful work, nothing like what u see in the local stores, I inquired about one of the mirrors and was told she sells them and they let me buy one that was there, great keep sake and so affordable!! Anyway if you want a wonderful stay at Pebble Beach stay here it was great and worth every penny!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We've been coming to Pebble Beach for the past 10 years. It is sad to see how few condo owners actually updated their condos in that time. I've stayed with Century 21, Shorewood, and GMAC. and have ALWAYS found that before I can enjoy my vacation, I must clean the condo. Each rental agency pays for maid service but based on the baths, and the corners of every room, you can tell the do very little. We've rented 8 different condos in 10 years. The first condo we rented (for 2 years) was sold and went off the rental market. Since then, we rent a different condo each year hoping to find the one that is clean, updated (furniture not wobbly or stained and smelly) and has comfortable beds. There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep comfortably at night! The rental market at this complex really should step up their game in order to remain competitive.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Mrs-Dwight-K-Schrute
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

We loved our week at Pebble Beach. The whole condo complex is great in every respect. Wonderful location which is convenient to grocery store and other local attractions such as restaurants, shopping and putt putt. Two nice clean pools outdoors and another one indoors. Nice clean grilling areas.Exceptionally friendly people everywhere. Family type atmosphere especially noted in the back four buildings area where we stayed. These buildings house the one and two bedroom units and therefore don't have the larger groups staying in them. Easy 3-4 minute walk up to the ocean from this back area. The grounds are kept immaculately clean and attractive. Security is good. We felt safe letting our younger teenagers be fairly independent around the complex. Beach area is outstanding. Our condo itselft was equally nice with no issues at all. Check in and out was very easy. We couldn't have had a better experience...no kidding! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank chloe40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emerald Isle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
BEST WESTERN Plus Silver Creek Inn
Islander Inn & Suites
Islander Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to Pebble Beach Condominiums? Share your experiences!