“Beware before you book”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emerald Isle
Pebble Beach Condominiums
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went to this place for the first time with some friends, who rented the unit. They have been renting here for several years with no problems. However this time was a disaster from the beginning. As soon as we arrived we realized that the unit was not clean, all the dishes we used had to be washed prior to our use of them. There were no dishcloths or dish towels either. The "no pets" unit we were in was covered in pet hair. Our kids were all sneezing and itching. When we called Bluewater to complain they told us that the owners could bring pets, just not renters, and they could send someone to vacuum. We were in a bottom floor unit and the people above us stomped and slammed doors from 5am until midnight every day they were there. And when we called security about the problem, there was no one available. The management company also told us that because the unit above us was rented out by another management company there was nothing they could do about it. They also gave us the run around to even talk to a manager. We were finally able to get in touch with security around noon to which we were told they would address the problem around 7pm. The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable. The water heater did not put out enough hot water for two people to take a shower after one another and I'm talking 10min or less showers. Most of us had cold showers the entire time we stayed. My first impression of this place is that I will not be back. And I have no intentions to rent from Bluewater either. Do your research before you go. This place could be very nice, in other units, under different management.

Room Tip: Read reviews. E102 was a terrible room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank TideLifeMama
There are newer reviews for Pebble Beach Condominiums

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family has rented a condo here for the last five years. The whole experience always feels like home. Apart from the beds being a little too hard. Facility offers three pools two outdoor for hot days and an indoor pool for the kids when weather isn't good. Offers a gym and a sauna (when working) Property is located at the beginning of a beautiful bike path that runs up the entire length of Emerald Isle. There are plenty of fun activities located within walking/ biking distance. Great place to relax with the family.

Room Tip: Be sure to book your vacation with Emerald Isle Realty. They surpass their local competition.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather R
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Enjoyed the condo! Carpet and sofa worn, but to be expected for a beach rental at this good price. Expect a walk to the beach from this unit, but the complex is nice. Would stay again. Had a great, relaxing week. Love Emerald Isle!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank beachcrazychica
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here with 4 adults and 2 kids and had plenty of room. Our unit was 3rd floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean and was a close walk to both pools. They also have an indoor pool if the weather isn't nice. Our unit could use some updating, furniture worn, missing blinds, very hard beds, but the location was great! Everything in the unit was in working order.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank luv2travelkms
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I just returned home today and I really wish we'd had another week to spend in Emerald Isle. This was my first trip to the area so I didn't know what to expect. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the Pebble Beach complex: immediate beach access via their own walkway just past the pool. I loved the setup too--after a few hours at the beach, we could just walk back to the deck, rinse off, and jump right in the pool. The beach itself was beautiful, clean, and relatively uncrowded. The grounds are very well kept and the community was very quiet, relaxed, and family friendly. We stayed in B-206 and had a beautiful view of the ocean from our balcony (semi-oceanfront, one building back). The beds were super comfortable and the decor in the condo was very laid back and beachy. The kitchen was well-appointed, the layout of the condo was very open and roomy, and we had enough room to sleep five adults and two children. It was even stocked with a number of board games and small beach toys. My only complaints: the carpet could use a thorough cleaning, the walls need washed down or repainted due to numerous scuff marks, and some furniture is in need of replacing. Other than that, our stay was rather perfect and much more enjoyable than staying in a hotel. We rented through Bluewater Realty which I do recommend as they were very courteous and quick to respond when we had an issue with the hot water in one of the bathrooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank kdmmertz
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just got back from Emerald Isle and specifically Pebble Beach late last night. This was my first time down to Emerald Isle so wasn't sure what to expect. Also, I wound up tagging along with some friends last minute so I wasn't part of the planning so really didn't have anything to compare Pebble Beach to however my friends had stayed at other hotels down by the pier and had also rented beach houses and they all seemed somewhat disapointed by the condo as well.

Don't get me wrong, we had fun and generally when traveling I'm not one who has to have granite countertops and flat screen tv's in my room, however for the money it seemed a bit steep for what you got. The pictures online looked really nice and more modern. When we arrived you could tell the place hadn't been renovated probably since it was built. Ugly blue carpet from the 80s that looks like it had better days. Paint was chipping off the walls in the bathroom and other areas. Some of the kitchen cabinets looked to be kind of rotting away a bit. Don't get me wrong it wasn't totally disgusting, we didn't complain to managemetn or anything but just don;'t be expecting a nice new modern place in great condition.

As for the property overall, has a very nice beach also has a nice gazebo overlooking the beach you can sit at during the day to get out of the sun or sit at at night and have a few beers. Pool wasn't bad a bit on the small side, property doesn't have a hottub which is something we were really missing. There's something that looks like a hottub but it's actually a kiddy pool. Pool also closes at 10 which may be typical at other resorts I'm not sure but we wished it would have stayed open a bit later.

Property is a condo so I woudn't expect a hotel front desk or anything but there's really not much in the way of services such as rafts or anything you can use, game room, etc.

As I said this was my first time and I kinda tagged along with some friends so I didbn't do any research and don't know how this compares price wise. I do know my friends were somewhat disapointed with pebble beach compared to toher hotels nad houses they had rented in the past and from the price there's other places I would go before I would spend the kind of money they spent onthis place.

Overall though I had a good time and the place does have a nice beach and was decent size for 8 people to stay. I personally woudln't pay the money for this place that it costs however I would't pay it. I woudn't caution people not to stay here but just know what your getting and don't have your expectatiopns set to high.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jamaicabound123123
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Rented a condo for a week in emerald Isle...Pebble Beach B107. Having fun, but the kids keep complaining about bug bites. At first, I think they are just mosquitoes, until a child catches what is obviously a flea in our "no pets" condo. In an hour, we caught enough to have a ziploc bag full of jumping fleas...but no one at Bluewater GMAC (the rental company) quite knows what to do. The plan is to send someone to spray...not what I want the kids breathing in. I will have to wash all the bed linens and clothes. Yay, vacation! No mention of a refund/moving us to another condo....we may just leave midweek and handle this from a flea-free home. No one mentioned even a partial refund for having fleas...I know there was no intent to rent us a condo that had bugs in it, but they are here (I have a bag full), and I would really rather not be living in pesticide for the last four days of the rental.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate
Islander Inn & Suites
Islander Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to Pebble Beach Condominiums? Share your experiences!