“Crab cakes alone make this worth a visit!”
Review of Caribsea

Caribsea
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Description: Upscale seafood restaurant utilizing modern cooking techniques, practicing safe sustainable seafood and farm to table produce. Catering events & weddings.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with a party of 5 family members to kick off our reunion, and everyone agrees. The bread rolls to start just melt - so good! We tried 5 different specialty cocktails, and all were both unique and tasty.

We ordered small plate crab cakes and scallops to share, and while both were delicious, the crab cakes stole the show. They were almost 100% giant lumps of crab with very little breading and incredibly moist and perfectly cooked. Almost like chunks of lobster. Best I've had, and I've tried crab cakes in probably 20 restaurants all over. Yum.

We ordered 2 filet mignon, a shrimp scampi and 2 of the night's mahi-mahi special. Portions are more than generous. The scampi was cooked well, but nothing really special. The fresh linguini itself was very good, and there was so much I took half home for the next day's lunch. The filet was melt-in-your-mouth fantastic, and the mahi-mahi got raves from both my husband and brother-in-law. Everyone grazed, and everyone raved.

We didn't have room for dessert (such a shame), but I had a coffee with Bailey's on the side, and it had to have been a double shot at least. So Caribsea is pricey, but not stingy!

The service was very good - it was quite busy and there were a few mistakes, but our waitress was lovely and did everything she could to make us happy. Example: she only brought 4 rolls initially, and when I told her and asked for a fifth, she brought a whole second basket full. Everyone was super friendly and attentive, and we lacked for nothing.

I highly recommend this place for a special occasion, or just go for the crab cake and a nice house cocktail! And leave a review, because they deserve to stand out in the area. Caribsea is new, and doesn't have as many reviews as some of the more established restaurants, but they are a true gem.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

First visit here for a friend's birthday. We sat at the bar which was fun because it was like dinner and a show watching the two bartenders make drinks. We ordered a wedge salad to share (which was delicious) and they split it onto two plates for us. My friend had crabcakes, which were almost 100% crab - not some dry patty of breading with no crab. I had a burger which was the best I've ever eaten. Ordered medium-rare and it actually came that way, not overcooked. Fries were just OK but I'm not a big fan of fries anyway. My friend asked for bread and was presented with two dinner rolls that she said were melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We were very satisfied with the portions and were not going to get dessert but the bartender insisted we take one to go since it was a birthday celebration. So my friend got the creme brulee, which she later said was very good but she would have called it flan instead. We will definitely go again...soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Tonight we visited Caribsea for the fourth time this summer ... As usual, the food was excellent; however, this time we sat next to a table of five which was EXCEEDINGLY LOUD ... This rude behavior went on and on until we finally left ... The management did NOTHING to try correct the situation which completely destroyed our dining experience ... What a Shame!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We arrived right when they opened on a Friday night and were seated immediately, without a reservation. Service was prompt and the food came out quickly. Portions are small and prices are high. The menu is limited but there are enough options for everyone to be happy. The crab cake really is delicious- probably the best I’ve ever had. 10/10 would recommend!

If you’re looking for a romantic date night at the beach, this is your place (as long as your wallet can handle it!)

Reviewed August 26, 2018

great restaurant with a group. we had 5 people and ordered 2 big plates and 3 small plates and had plenty to share, a great way to try so many things. the crab cake was the BEST I've ever had. daily wine specials with half off bottles