“Not bad!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Emerald Isle
Clayton, North Carolina
“Not bad!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend for a girl's get away. The staff was soooooooo friendly, we really appreciate their tips on where to eat at! (Jordan's has really good seafood!) The hotel itself was nice. On the outside, it's a very simple motel. It's not a hike nor a long walk, but you do have to cross a parking lot to get to the beach. You won't be able to see the sand, but you can see the water from the motel.

The inside has recently been remodeled, the beds were comfortable. I got a rollaway bed that I paid $10 a night for and that was decent. I didn't feel the actual racks of the rollaway so I was pleased with that.

The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 star review is the cleanliness of the shower. Could use a little work but hopefully this is just the start of the remodel. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't shiny clean. No mold though.

I would definately stay here again! I also recommend Mike's Place for the BEST breakfast!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and could hear the people above us. If you don't mind the stairs, I...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ferrickhead28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The staff is friendly and helpful. We brought an extra person and they were able to provide a rollaway bed.

The price was a bit high for a motel. We rented a non-smoking room, but could smell the smoke from the unit upstairs.

The closeness to the pier and beach is an advantage. The RV parking lot worked to our benefit because it was empty during our stay. My son and his friends practiced lacrosse in it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gsonewbie
south of Buffalo
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This motel was a welcome surprise. Nice location, clean room, well taken care of, the owners were very nice and the the price was great!! I hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Elm City, North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2012

the rooms were very nice and so was the price. the people that run the inn were very polite and nice. i will for sure be back again to stay again an this was not my first time staying here and wont be my last.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2012

this little motel is close to the ocean it is great, clean rooms great service and fantastic owners bk and raj!! good price too!! i stay here alot for business, and it is quiet and i can walk to the beach!! very close u can see the ocean from my room # 102,103,104 or 105!!, hot water great shower new beds!!

Room Tip: ask for a rm facing ocean!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mtp7
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were greeted by kind folks who run the motel. They were always quite kind and willing to assist.

The Good: Its about a 4 minute walk to the pier and beach. Room has fridge.

The Bad: Well, I have stayed at many hotels in my life and none quite as uncomfortable as this. My wife and daughter were a bit upset at me when we opened the door to the room. It was not dirty, but let’s say not clean smelling or feeling either. There was an old couch, like one my parents had in the 80s and we were not even comfortable sitting on it. The housekeeping staff did not clean the shower, vacuum the floors or even clean the bathroom floors.

Overall the stay was uncomfortable and next time we will rent a local house or condo to stay in regardless of the difference in price.

Room Tip: I do not recommend a stay at this establishment.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank sgraham007
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The outside isn't very appealing due to it's age but our room was newly remodeled, the beds were comfy and it was very clean. Housekeeping was adequate. It is close to the beach, but what they don't say in the description is that, yes it is directly in front of the peir, but there is an RV park back there as well as a bar. The traffic flew back and forth especially after dark. There is a privacy fence that surrounds the RV area and only one walkway to get to and from the beach. It didn't impact our trip to any great extent but was a little disappointing. I would stay there again in lieu of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Mi2Boys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emerald Isle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate

Been to Oceanview Inn? Share your experiences!