“Vegetarian's Delight!”

The Root Trackside
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Elon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I discovered The Root last year and have been a fan ever since! I'm a vegetarian and it is the only place I've come across that offers so many options that are veggie/vegan! I have ordered many different items now and everything has been amazing! From their edamame dip to salads to their vegan burger - it has been delicious every single time. You can tell they use fresh food too. I can't say enough nice things about it!! I don't know what the people giving it poor ratings are thinking! The food is always great and the staff is great too! Perfect place in a small town!

1  Thank julierose21

Reviewed April 15, 2014

While The Root is not fancy, neither are its prices.Excellent standard fare menu (wraps, salads, etc.) and great specials.I especially love the catfish special when it's offered. We eat there often, and I've never had a bad experience.

2  Thank Lamar021
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Roots is super delicious and gives off a unique vibe. The grit cakes are awesome and it's overall an excellent place for lunch (wraps and sandwiches). I had the salmon special recently and it was incredible. Very affordable prices!

1  Thank GareBear707
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We eat here almost weekly and have never been disappointed. I've tried almost everything on the menu and love it all! I love the fresh take on classic items. Our kids love the old school lunch tray that their dinner comes on with fruit and veggies with every choice! I honestly have too many favorites to mention but... the fried catfish, brussel sprouts, quinoa salad, salmon, basil bleu burger are just a few. The staff is top notch and always make for a pleasant experience. Gotta say I love the music selection while I'm in there as well:) This restaurant is the something new and great that Burlington has been needing... great food without the pretentious atmosphere and prices.

1  Thank agirlthatlovesfood
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been going to this restaurant location for more than 20 years. I say this location because it started out as Sidetracks, which was a great place to eat. Well everything changes and this new restaurant has a lot to learn, you can't just copy the menu and expect things to be the same. I gave this new place four chances to impress me, and they have failed. The food is sub par, it has no taste, no flair in presentation. I went there last night for the fourth and final time. During this visit I looked around and was not surprised to see that the locals who used to come here weekly were no longer here. When our food arrived I realized why. You can always tell when restaurants start cutting corners, bad fries, poor produce, bread from a grocery store, etc. So if you're looking for great food, look somewhere else, may I suggest Davinci's Table, or Maria's. Just not The Root!