“Remarkable!”

The Root Trackside
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Elon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 7, 2013

After hearing from a friend who frequents this restaurant, I finally made it there myself recently. My friend's recommendation was well founded!
The menu was varied, with a supplemental 'specials' menu (which is what I ordered from). The food was prepared very well, nice visual appeal on the plate and the taste and quality was excellent. They offer some unique dishes and sides which distinguishes the restaurant. The fried grits were a nice treat!
Dessert was also exquisite, so be sure to save room for it.
If I were to critique anything, it is that the food here really warrants cloth napkins, or extra paper napkins. I'm becoming less fond of paper napkins these days, so that is a personal quirk of mine. Food this good needs something more refined than a paper napkin to accompany it (in my opinion).

1  Thank Douglas F
There are newer reviews for The Root Trackside

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A few months ago I hit The Root on an off night and reviewed it as such. That being said, it impressed me that one of the owners reached out to me via a private message with his apologies and with a desire to rectify the situation. I had regularly enjoyed meals prior to that Nov evening. Any place can have a bad evening. Tonight was the first night that I had been back and I was pleased with the meal. The grilled salmon was prepared exactly the way I like it with a good dill sauce on the side and the Brussel sprouts were outstanding.

The service was excellent. The prices are low for entrees and the value is excellent The only negative was the staff started cleaning up and sweeping all around us while we were eating. I find this distracting and don't like the idea of dust being stirred up around my meal. We entered the restaurant at 840 pm on a Friday night so I was surprised they were cleaning so early. All in all I am looking forward to returning soon.

2  Thank ncsccrdad
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first catfish and a wow to the deep fried brussel sprouts. Fortunately it was spring break and there was no waiting.

1  Thank FayFargo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love vegetarian food but my husband is not a fan. We both were pleasantly pleased with the diverse unique menu. The food was very good, made from fresh ingredients. We were surprised there was a wait for a table but the staff is so efficient, we didn't wait long. The prices were extremely economical. Definitely will return.

3  Thank Karen A
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a must go-to restaurant when we visit our daughter at Elon. Food is great and the wait staff is always responsive.