“They're back”

Cuisines: American
Burlington, NC
“They're back”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A few months ago I hit The Root on an off night and reviewed it as such. That being said, it impressed me that one of the owners reached out to me via a private message with his apologies and with a desire to rectify the situation. I had regularly enjoyed meals prior to that Nov evening. Any place can have a bad evening. Tonight was the first night that I had been back and I was pleased with the meal. The grilled salmon was prepared exactly the way I like it with a good dill sauce on the side and the Brussel sprouts were outstanding.

The service was excellent. The prices are low for entrees and the value is excellent The only negative was the staff started cleaning up and sweeping all around us while we were eating. I find this distracting and don't like the idea of dust being stirred up around my meal. We entered the restaurant at 840 pm on a Friday night so I was surprised they were cleaning so early. All in all I am looking forward to returning soon.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank ncsccrdad

Bend, Oregon
“Visiting the South”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first catfish and a wow to the deep fried brussel sprouts. Fortunately it was spring break and there was no waiting.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank FayFargo
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Unique and healthy”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love vegetarian food but my husband is not a fan. We both were pleasantly pleased with the diverse unique menu. The food was very good, made from fresh ingredients. We were surprised there was a wait for a table but the staff is so efficient, we didn't wait long. The prices were extremely economical. Definitely will return.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Karen A
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always measures up!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a must go-to restaurant when we visit our daughter at Elon. Food is great and the wait staff is always responsive.

• Visited January 2013
Elon, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I eat at The Root often, at least once a week! Every time I go the service is friendly and fast, while the food is delicious and filling! Try the Caprese Sandwich! The bread is always warm and soft and the mozzarella and tomatoes are so fresh. I love to get it either with a side of their sweet potato fries or quinoa salad!

Last time I dined at The Root, my server was Lizzie and she was attentive, friendly and charismatic!

Definitely try The Root at least once!

• Visited December 2012