“College town eatery, but able to handle all types of customers”
Review of Town Table - CLOSED

Town Table
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We enjoyed a relaxing dinner at the Town Table the other evening, and although we had to park a short walk away, the dining area had tables available and we had no wait. The restaurant is divided with dining on one side, a bar on the other, and the kitchen in the center. It was comforting to be able to see the chefs at work, and see that the kitchen area was both clean and productive. The dining area was well lit, the bar had dimmed light, as one might expect.
Dining there as a family with small children, we were accommodated and welcomed with smiles. The clientele varied that evening, mostly college students, some couples, a few groups of 4, and our party. Our server was friendly, considerate, and easygoing. Our food was good, although one in our party seemed to think it only average (the rest of us enjoyed the food very much).
I was really impressed with the crayons they had for children to use. They were large heart-shaped crayons, so they were durable and did not break easily. So, even though this is a college eatery, they've given some thought and planning to make it family-friendly. I appreciated that.
I will return to this restaurant, I enjoyed the food and the experience.

1  Thank Douglas F
There are newer reviews for Town Table

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Yes it was very slow - there was only 1 other table

But we were not felt rushed at all. I had humungas salad with blackened chicken and my son had the special. Bother were exclellent. The waitress recomded that i try a local brewery and was awesome.

very nice place not expensive i would recomend

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our second time at the Town Table but sadly they eliminated from the menu our very reason for returning. My daughter and I loved the sweet potato waffle fries with duck. We had described the delicious appetizer to my husband. We returned with him only to find out they no longer serve it. I believe the appetizer set them apart from the average college town restaurant. I hope they return the appetizer to their menu. The other offerings are good but not unique. I had a chicken sandwich which was tender. The salad was not memorable. It is worth stopping at if you are in town just don't expect exceptional food.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

On the main drag across the street from the campus, very casual with totally separate seating ie bar and food on one side of the building and just the restaurant on the other side of the building separated by the kitchen.

We seem to be stuck on the blackened fish tacos which are consistently good. Also, the blackened sliced tuna appetizer is a great way to start the meal.

Good spot to eat in shorts and flip flops and watch the pedestrians stroll by.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We like this place very much. The service is friendly and informative. The menu is diverse enough for just about anyone to find a favorite. We had the fish tacos and they were delicious. The prices are very reasonable. The sanitation grade is 97. We look forward to return and try other things on the menu.

1  Thank Linda B