“I never believe the reviews until now”
Review of Elk Inn

Elk Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
Frederica, Delaware
“I never believe the reviews until now”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I woke up in the middle of the night, when I turn the light on I found that sharing the bed with cockroaches. The room itself appeared fairly clean I was surprised to see the cockroaches. There was a small refrigerator a microwave but no coffee maker. Outstanding water pressure, plenty of hot water, and the bath towels were all clean. But you just can't get past the cockroaches.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Dlsbggg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
North Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stayed here on our way back home, and found it to be just fine, we were surprised to find this review here. Beds were clean, and good quality for this price range.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank toeedc
charlotte
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Plenty of rooms only upside....room i styed in was infested with bed bugs once i felt them on me and woke up there were roughly 2-300 in the bed and crawling on the walls....manager would not give me a refund but another room that had been flooded at some point and smelled like mildew. My body was covered in bites and finaly a month later i can actually sleep without itching and feeling bugs crawl on me.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank cbunton85
elkinn, Manager at Elk Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
As the New Manager I would like to say that the problem has been taken care of since the time of the review. This issue occurs in many places as travelers tend to carry them from one location to another as soon as it was discovered it was taken care of. At first it was not know that these were Bed Bugs. We had to have a specialist come out to check and see if indeed if they were. They were only in this room and they were not crawling the walls. Renovations have since occurred to the property and photos Will be posted soon! Thanks for our loyal guest who have continued to support us and stay with us throughout the years!

The Elk Inn has been around since 1983!
The presence of a Guest is the presence of God....
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#4 of 8 in Jonesville

Been to Elk Inn? Share your experiences!