“Great Flounder”

Matty's Homestyle Cooking & Seafood
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I thought it was a great meal of flounder. The fish was fresh and it was fried perfectly in the very light batter. thanks for a great meal!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I use to eat here all the time, but I was there over the July 4th weekend and I had to share the dinning room with flys...not just a few but enough that I was fighting them for my food...I got the club sandwich and it was terrible.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Friendly, casual place just up the street from the center of town. It's southern home cooking, so it's a blend of fried food, meats and vegetables. I had the 3 veg plate (with a roll) for $4 and my wife had the bbq plate with great hushpuppies. We got out of there for $13 after tip with full bellies and leftovers! The staff was friendly and the food was quite good.

4  Thank Rob F
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Sirloin Tips (Beef Stew) were one of the best I've ever put in my mouth. Only Grandma would made them better! The Fried Fish is excellent. All the foods are cooked to perfection, great and plenty portions. Will definitely come back to this place.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

A group of 9 had lunch there today based on a recommendation. We'll be passing the recommendation on to others. Good, flavorful Southern home cooking. I had hamburger steak with gravy, pepper and onion; mashed potato and green beans. Just like Mom makes. Menu also includes wings, chicken, hamburger, fish and a variety of sides that you'd expect in a home cooking joint. Interesting thing about the place is that it is in a converted gas station. The entrance to the restrooms are outside. Service is very attentive and friendly and prices are very reasonable. Dress is very casual. Jeans and t-shirt is fine as is dressy casual from the office.

1  Thank NCFoodHound