“Acceptable home style dining”

Matty's Homestyle Cooking & Seafood
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We hesitated to eat here because of it's worn appearance. But happily we looked passed that and gave it a shot. The food overall was good...not gourmet by any stretch, but definitely an acceptable version of home style fare. The friendly staff completed the small town dining experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spending the night in Elkin, NC. After about 8 days on the road and your chains and tourist type restaurants, Matty's filled our need for some homestye cooking. You know, like the kind Grandma and mom cooked back in the 50's. We had steak and gravy with mashed potato's, grren beans and rolls that made me think Granny was in the back cooking.Two of us had the same thing with drinks for 20 bucks! Throw in a slice of pie for 2.50! This place is not fancy by any stretch, it's clean and offers some home stye chow. A photo on the wall I assume of someones family member from Matty's has a GI in combat gear holding a sign states, "I would kill for some Matty's beef tips right now!" Honest small town Americana in Ekin. Nice to see.

1  Thank Jimmy D
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A little out of the way, kinda hard to find, however when you get there you will find good food, great service, reasonable prices and just about any kind of food you could ask for.
I was there for business and this place wasn't even recommended just happened to drive by
glad I did.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We eat at Matty's several times a month, & it is definitely one of the best restaurants in Elkin. The prices are very reasonable & the staff is great. They serve a little bit of everything - salads, sandwiches (the burgers are awesome), seafood, chicken, beef tips, bbq, & the best hamburger steak you'll ever eat.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My friend and I dropped into this little diner. The personnel were very clean, professional and friendly. The food was very good and well priced. We loved their small but well stocks salad bar. This place ranks 4 stars on my list. Webmaster for www.hamptonvillevoice.com .

1  Thank wwright1956