“True slice of Heaven with every gourmet bite !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heaven's Scent Restaurant & Catering - CLOSED

Heaven's Scent Restaurant & Catering
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Come by Heaven's Scent Restaurant and Catering, and have first class food with rock solid flavors in an atmosphere that rockets you to memories of eating at a friend's house. Plan ahead for dessert, but don't fret if you get full: we have plenty of takeout containers!
Cherokee, North Carolina
“True slice of Heaven with every gourmet bite !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Having seen a documentary on this restaurant, we just had to make a road trip to check it out for ourselves. We were NOT disappointed !! We were spoiled rotten from the moment we entered their front door. Do not let the outside appearance of being a small building fool you...inside, it is inviting, relaxing and large. The waiter went over the menu with us in detail--a 10 point star for this--and explained that they catered to whatever we might want to create if we did not see exactly what we wanted. I ordered the prime rib sliders--absolutely melt-in-your-mouth tender--as it was lunchtime. My husband ordered his favorite, a grilled to perfection rueben that had a special horseradish sauce. He also ordered the homemade sweet potatoe fries--which come with 2 types of sauces--he was spoiled beyond help. As there was no room for their famous desserts, we ordered 2 peanut butter cookies to go...big as our hands put together and made from scratch !! The prime rib sliders were such a hit that we ordered 2 meals to go for dinner that evening. While there, we were catered to as if we were royalty and the owner even stopped by our table to chat. We will return in the evening in the near future to try their famous crab cakes--and you might want to call ahead to see what the daily specials are as they really do change on a daily basis. I cannot praise this inviting local favorite enough. Please make a point of trying this restaurant out on your own--and bring friends that you want to impress !!!

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank wolf19752

Irwin PA
“Just as Good as Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stopped year last year and really had a nice meal and enjoyed the evening. On this stop we got to meet the owners, two very nice gentlemen and mom. Great hospitality and efficient service.

Food is basic and tasty. My wife had teriyaki wings and I had two sliders. All was very good, especially the sweet potato fries, served hot. A dipping sauce of apple butter, brown sugar, orange marmalade, oj and worchestershire was delicious. Will try to duplicate at home.

Desert was a lemon bar and a chocolate cake with molten lava tpoed with crispy bacon, WOW.

If you are in Elkin, stop by and enjoy a good meal, with a fair price and very friendly people. The atmosphere is down home and quite local. Say hello to Jeff one of the owners..

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank thunderbird64
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I met friends in Elkin who gathered at Heaven's Scent, a little hideaway and culinary treasure in the quaint town that was recently voted one of America's "coolest small towns", Very down-home atmosphere, very reasonable prices, and exceptionally good food awaited me. The owner greeted us, service by a fellow named Doug was prompt and courteous. Overall, a great experience. I look forward to my next visit to Elkin and Heaven's Scent!!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Irene J
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Delightful Surprise in the small town of Elkin NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My first visit was the result of a referral to try the Crab Cakes. I was not disappointed, the crab cake had mostly crab, very little filer, I would order it again for sure. I also tried the deserts, and again it was a good experience. I had the coconut cream pie and I am glad to recommend it. The food was great and so was the service, no lack of authentic Southern Hospitality here…it’s the real deal. I have also tried the double chocolate chip, potato chip cookie, it was warm and great with my coffee and just so you know, it’s very, very large, you may want to take a friend.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank carlwhite
Stem, North Carolina
“Reasonably priced, local place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I decided to try based of a suggestion from a vineyard owner. It's a local spot. Walk in and no reservations required. The staff is very friendly and love the family owned atmosphere. The food is O.K. Nothing special. The price for the meal was excellent and the portions are large. After a day of wine tasting and spending all your money at the local wineries, it's nice to have a reasonable, easy meal. Just don't expect food that will !WOW! you. They do not serve any alcohol, but they do allow you to carry in your own bottle. They will uncork and re-cork with no corking fee.

• Visited September 2013