“Just as Good as Before”

Heaven's Scent Restaurant & Catering
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Come by Heaven's Scent Restaurant and Catering, and have first class food with rock solid flavors in an atmosphere that rockets you to memories of eating at a friend's house. Plan ahead for dessert, but don't fret if you get full: we have plenty of takeout containers!
Elkin, North Carolina
“Just as Good as Before”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have been meaning to go to Heaven Scent after it reopened in its smaller banquet building next to its original location next door. We were the first in for lunch- the door was open but no one was around so we milled about until one of the owners came by. We chose one of the 6-8 seating locations in this deceptively larger inside than outside dining room. I recognized much of the same decor from the original location- kind of country/artsy/bistro. We struck up a conversation with another diner who raved about the Reuben sandwich almost to the point of awe. My husband figured he better try this Reuben, "The best this side of the country". It WAS EXCELLENT, just the right amount of fatty to lean meat(yes it is yummy and a great sometime treat) and sauerkraut. I ordered the chicken sandwich that came with a side. I chose the squash casserole which was incredibly tasty and fresh. The chicken salad was seasoned with fresh dill and came grilled like a panini which was a welcomed touch. I filled up on the excellent squash, so I could only eat half of the large sandwich; I took the rest home for another meal. I ate the sandwich the next day with some red grapes which really set of the flavors of the chicken. Yum.

The reason it took us a while to visit after their opening was because of their hours. Closed Sunday,Monday, lunch only Tues 11-2, Wed, add dinner at 5 Thurs, Fri, Sat 11-until? Worth getting to know their hours to have a great meal.

• Visited April 2013