“great sandwiches”

Fiddles Pub
Ranked #24 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Cozy, friendly, pub. Specialty beers and wines. Open Tuesday- Saturday 12-12. Mouthwatering brisket, burgers, reubens, salads. Baskets of pub nibbles like homemade chips, sweet potato fries, onion petals, and mozzarella sticks. In Historic Downtown Elkin, NC. Family friendly. Good food, good friends, good times.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Food was really good. lunchtime on a Saturday, was really crowded, service a little slow. Overall, good experience. We were a very loud and boisterous group, no one seemed to mind.

1  Thank Kelly T

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were visiting a local winery and decided to stop in town and try Fiddles for lunch first. The staff was extremely friendly. We had never had brisket before and asked the waitress what it tasted like. Well she had the cook make us up a slice to try before ordering the sandwich to ensure that we would like it first. It was excellent and spiced just right. Really good with the added BBQ and horseradish sauce. With a big basket of homemade chips on the side made perfectly crispy. If we are ever in the Elkin area again we will definitely stop by Fiddles for another brisket sandwich.

2  Thank RaceGirl524
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Though I can only give 3 stars, I do return because there are so few choices in the area.

The best advice you can give to a restaurant that serves sandwiches is to invest in high quality meat such as Boar's Head. It makes all the difference in quality.

I had the hamburger yesterday and the meat did not seem of quality. The first Reuben Sandwich I had here was great, then on another trip the quality went down.

I think if they change the meat quality, it would be a world of difference. Go to Mount Airy's "Old North State Winery ", across from the Museum, to see how a sandwich should really be made with quality meat. But, alas, Mount Airy is too far for me.

If they went with the meat quality of Old North State Winery, I would eat here every week.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The best advice you can give to a restaurant that serves sandwiches such as Reuben is to invest in high quality meat such as Boar's Head. It makes all the difference in quality.

I had the hamburger today and the meat did not seem quality either.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

To my knowledge, this is called "Fiddles" and is located in downtown Elkin. It has imported beers. They were out of one of the draft kind due to company selling the beer problems. They were out of coke when a customer ordered it, which is management problem in ordering unless they had delivery problems. Otherwise, we have always had great food there & will continue to go there. The staff seems to change often but we only go 1 time a month, maybe 2 so don't know if problems there.