“Steak Out”

Cuisines: Seafood
winston-salem
“Steak Out”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This little hole in the wall next to the railroad tracks is a diamond when it comes to its food. It is a beer joint with a restaurant inside. Everyone is so nice in there. People come on certain days because they know what the menu of the day will be. If you are looking for a great steak, this is the place to come. It is not your pick this side or that side on steak night, it is basically what you see is what you get, but it is absolutely delicious. If you can find it by the railroad tracks and a place to park when it is busy, it is worth the wait.

Visited May 2013

Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Food & Service!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I wish we lived near so we could go to Harry's more often. We were traveling through and local folks recommended it, saying they had just had dinner and it was great. To clear up some confusion from the past reviews, Harry's accepts cash and credit cards and it's open for lunch five days a week and for dinner on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. We lucked out and for some reason there was not a long wait. Even so we had a beer at the rustic bar out front and meet a very friendly group of locals as well as the bartender. There is quite a beer selection. In the restaurant the menu is short but who needs all those choices when you have streak and crab legs. The house salad dressing was fabulous and served in a bottle at the table so you can have as much as you want. The meals come with a baked potato that is cooked to perfection as well as Texas toast and a salad. The portions were plentiful. My husband says the crab legs were some of the best he ever had, very sweet, meaty, and cooked just right.
The staff were very friendly which is much appreciated. A great place. We highly recommend Harry's Place.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank plbbob
Elkin, North Carolina
“Harry's Place”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

It is a small place that has a very small bar in the front and a restaurant with down home country food in the back. It is family owned and the food is good but a short menu and only open for dinners.

Visited May 2012
Elkin, North Carolina
“Tucked away but well worth the drive”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Harry's Place is a down home little restaurant tucked into a little corner of Elkin, NC. It is one of Elkin's best kept secret. Although it doesn't accommodate many customers at the time, it is well worth the wait if you have to wait. I ordered the crab legs and my husband ordered steak. I am a crab leg lover and can eat a lot, but the portions was so big I ended up sharing. Their house dressing is delicicious. You go to Harry's for the food and the neighborhood feel. Just don't expect a 5 star ambiance.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ginger0908
Boonville, North Carolina
“Very good burger”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I've lived around here my whole life and today was my first visit to Harry's. The reviews were correct about the burgers. Mine was wonderful. My son ate the lunch special, which was fried chicken. It also was very good. We will be going back. As a footnote, we got there at 11:30am on a Thursday and people were waiting on a table to become available. I view that as another statement to how good the food is.

2 Thank gafcboy

Been to Harry's Place? Share your experiences!