“Dinner Disaster”

Dining options: Reservations
Elkin, NC
“Dinner Disaster”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

When Dodge first opened, I had high hopes that it would be much better than its predecessors: I was not disappointed. But over the last year it has gone downhill.

Dodge went downhill in three key areas: meat quality, chef skills, and wait staff. I first noticed the chicken meat quality was more of the fast food variety, but not the steak quality is way sub-par. The rolls have always been bad, so you can save calories there if you want.

Tonight, the waitress was what you would expect at a Waffle House, not a steakhouse. She got orders wrong, forgot to get my wife's salad, and was generally not competent.

Other waitresses had to fill in the gaps. If it were not for them, no issues would have been resolved. They had to redo one order because she did not listen to my daughter saying no peppers. She said it very clearly. No excuse.

I had the Filet, cooked medium rare. It was delivered rare. Fine. I can eat it rare as well. The quality was horrible, though. A good cut of meat is all that is needed. I am pretty confident that they switched meat from when they first opened, and went cheap.

I gave my wife half of the steak and went for her salmon. It was cooked to where no pink was left in the center. Any cook, let alone chef, knows better than to overcook salmon to where it is more white than pink.

This is the 3rd bad dinner in a row, and this one was the worse.

As well, they offer no wine menu unless you ask for it. There is no telling how much revenue/profit they lose for that. Then, they give you the check without asking if you want dessert or anything else. They just give you the check...like now its time for you to leave. Again, no telling how much revenue/profit they lose on that as well.

1 Thank John L

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food ever!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I went to eat there yesterday and it was some of the best food I ever had. The steaks we had were perfect. The sides you get are huge and delicious. If you are ever in the area I would stop in. My family and I will definitely be back as soon as we come back through this area. Great job DodgeCity.

1 Thank travelinpants10
Boone, North Carolina
“Back again a year later....”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I travel to the Elkin area on a semi regular basis. This has been a favorite of ours since we discovered it about a year ago. We have come to expect a lot from this restaurant. We have gotten to know several of the employees and have our favorites. We have eaten almost everything on the menu at some time or another and of course we have our favorites there to. Currently my husband is hung up on the Filet Tips and I love the Cajun Flank Steak (Medium).

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Vgabond
“Overpriced food, horrible customer service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Terrible, terrible experience. Tried to call in an order, but no one ever answers the phone. We went in person to place our order and discovered they left off half when we got home. My husband went back the next day and they lied and said we left a bag and refused to do anything for us. Fast food restaurants have better service! We will never go back there.

2 Thank dodgecitysucks
“Great Great Great”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everything about this Resturant is great, my family has tried several different things here and are never let down, great steaks and ribs, staff are friendly, we eat here as often as we can cause we know we will not be disappointed , things really changed a lot when the new owners re opened it, if your looking for a great place to eat look no further