“Very Disapointing”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I had heard that this was great place for hot dogs. Well it was not the day I went. I was very disappointed in my hot dog. It just was not good at all. I have no plans to return here again.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

The hot dogs here use to be the best in town. Now they are ok and cheap enough to be a bargain but you still have only chips for a side instead of fries. The nostalgia is what keeps Royal"s going. I think they have new owners which used to be owners before. I saw that they still have a Christmas painting on the window in April which is very tacky and makes them look somewhat lazy. If you like the old style diner feel this is the place to go in Elkin but I remember how good it use to be and now it just doesn't compare.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

It has been some time since I stopped in, but one of my fondest memories growing up in this area was the amazing hot dogs and homemade chili. I can still taste them today. Stop in and give one a try.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Hot dogs were good. Server was friendly. But the atmosphere makes it worth stopping in. It is a step back to a time long gone.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Some friends and family went here on a Saturday for lunch, as the place we originally chose to go to lunch had a long wait. I have been to many lunch counter type places over the years and this one was the first to disappoint. We waited 45 minutes for hot dogs and chips, that is just insane. This is actually my first review that I have ever had to leave anything negative, so I almost didn't, but I love TA think that it comes in handy when choosing somewhere to spend your hard earned money! Elkin has a lot better options... have to pass on this one again, as much as I hate to say it, as I love old fashioned places like this.

Been to Royalls Soda Shop? Share your experiences!