“I like the old royalls better.”
Review of Royalls Soda Shop

Royalls Soda Shop
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Royalls used to be the place where me and my friends went to hang out but now the staff and food isnt as good. The people locked our bookbags inside after closing early without us knowing.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This shop has not closed! They have a good hotdog but the burgers are poor. Wait staff is at the very low end.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My mom and I go there alot and get a hotdog and a milkshake. Both are delicious!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a downtown restaurant that is out of the way, and should stay that way. It should have been a cool 50's type diner, but the food is attrocious. Service is bad. And, unless you want a hot dog, which is hard to goof up, I would go somewhere else.

I just wonder how these old restaurants stay in business so long when they cannot even make a decent hamburger. My son still has nightmares about going to Royall's.

Sorry, this gets my rare rating of 1 star.

3  Thank John L
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My mom had told me about this neat little shop in downtown Elkin called Royall's that she used to go to years ago. Everyone would agree years ago that it had the best hotdogs anywhere around. Well maybe back in the day, but definitely not today. The atmosphere was neat and keep like the old time Royall's was, but the food isn't what it used to be. Kind of disappointing.

1  Thank CoastieGirl4

Been to Royalls Soda Shop? Share your experiences!