“Nice restaurant that needs updating”

Pirate's Landing Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate at this restaurant while staying at the Fairfield. The property is in need of updating. The food was very good and the service was EXCELLENT!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Close to the Fairfield Inn and the seafood was wonderful. It is a very large restaurant and has nautical decorations.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We always notice this "Pirate ship" restaurant off I77 on our way to and from Myrtle Beach every year, so we decided to spend the night in Elkin this year and eat dinner at Pirates Landing. Being a late dinner after 7:00 and a Thursday evening it was not crowded. Needless to say our server, Robert, was OUTSTANDING. My kids ordered fried shrimp and I had the fried seafood platter. All very good. Cocktail sauce was good but tasted more like a sweet n sour sauce. Tarter sauce was on the thin side but very tasty. My wife had the blackened scallops that resembled a scampi with a slight kick and she loved them. Portions for all of our meals were huge. None of us came close to finishing our meals. The free tasty hushpuppies might have played a role in that. Very neat decor and a great value for the money. Can't wait to visit again next year.

2  Thank DSMil
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've tried this place three times since it first opened (about 10 years ago) and it hasn't improved. The food is edible, and that's about it.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped here for dinner and we would stop here again! We recommend it for tasty food, nice atmosphere, and affordable prices. The building, shaped like a pirate ship, can be seen from 77.

The waitress brought out tasty hush puppies that I didn't want to like but ended up gobbling up. They have a nice selection of surf and turf. I enjoyed fried shrimp while my husband had the chicken.

We really liked that they offered more than corn on the cob and cole slaw as sides. I was able to order my 11 month old son his favorites; sweet potato and sautéed zucchini and squash.

The prices were less than I experienced at Red Lobster and other seafood places and the food tasted better.

Last, kuddos for a baby changing station in the men's room!