“Fish night”
Review of Cowboy Restaurant

Cowboy Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 56 Restaurants in Elkin
Reviewed July 13, 2018

My wife and I enjoyed another great meal here tonight. She had the grilled salmon with baked sweet potato, roll and side salad with honey mustard dressing. I had the blackened trout with potato salad, roll and a side salad with blue cheese. We both enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Well, a lot of restaurants have been in this location. I’ve eaten at them all, but Cowboy Restaurant is the best by far! At Valentines Day my husband and I went there a few days after the special day. They were still running their special of two steaks, salad, side, bread, AND dessert, including drink, for a great price! I think it was $30 or $35. It was really good too. We go back every week now. My husband orders the grilled mahi mahi with lemon pepper and a side with a salad as well. I get the filet steak tips on rice with grilled vegetables. This is just the best food! It is a simple restaurant, family friendly,nice bathrooms, and several large tables for lots of friends or big families to gather at and enjoy a wonderful meal. The waitresses are kind and check on you frequently too. My husband and I are an older couple and we see a lot of older couples eating there as well. I’m from Elkin, but I don’t live there now. I do enjoy visiting and coming to the festivals they have in town. If you’re looking for a small town feel with art, tennis, sports, great schools, wine festivals, river kayaking, walking trails, then, Elkin is a great place for you!

1  Thank Carolinamarinemom
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

First time here. Can’t understand why you have Coca Cola signs on the outside, but inside you serves Pepsi. The selection of diets is 1! The food was decent. Food came out hot and the blooming onion dip was yummy! We had hamburgers which were good. Stay away from the Mac n cheese as it has a “apple pie” taste with chewy/hard noodles. Waitress did good keeping drinks full. Pretty sure I will not be back.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Took my father here for his birthday & we were not disappointed!! No wait time to be seated. Pleasantly greeted as soon as we entered the door. The food was excellent. Our party got the fried oysters and flounder and both were outstanding. Portions are very generous. Service was superior!! Cathy was our server and you won't find anyone anywhere with better customer service!! She kept our coffee cup full without us even having to request more. She kept check on you but not in an intrusive way. She was personal and friendly and made everyone feel very welcomed to be there. I think she deserves a raise already because she made our first experience here truly exceptional.
Deserts were very good too. Hint: The peach cobbler needs more breading, but the taste was superb!!

We will definitely be going back to this place. Finally a good place in Elkin to grab some excellent seafood! Next time we try the steaks too.

1  Thank Beacher36
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Good selection from the menu and specials when I visited. Chose pork chops which were very good. Wait staff friendly and frequently came by to top off drink and make sure everything was good or if something else was needed. Prices were reasonable for the quality and amount of food served. Great local restaurant for a small town.

Been to Cowboy Restaurant? Share your experiences!